Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Daddy Date

 

"I'm so freaking nervous." I stated, as if it wasn't obvious by my shaking.

"Dude, breathe." Liz laughed. "It's just lunch with your dad."

"But it's the first lunch or any kind of face to face interaction since the awkward dinner with Alex."

"Ooh." Cayla nodded, understanding completely how my dad could get. "Do you want me to go with you?"

I shook my head.

"No thanks, Cayla." I replied. "I just need to grow some balls and do this."

"You sure?" Lisa asked.

"For Pete's sake guys!" I laughed. "I've got this."

"Then why are you sweating bullets?" Cassadee asked me.

I ignored them all.

"Look, I'm leaving now. Wish me luck."

"Luck!" All four of my friends called after me.

I looked down at my outfit. I tugged on my Blink 182 shirt and studded belt. I was very nervous. I walked quickly to my car, getting in, and I went to meet my dad in a Denny's. I walked in, and the waitress look at me.

"I...uh..Party for McCormick?" I questioned.

She smiled, and motioned for me to follow her. My dad was sitting down in a booth by himself with a cup of coffee. I slid in the booth, and she put the menu down infront of me.

"Thanks." I whispered. My dad finally looked up at me. "Hey, daddy."

"Hey, Darling." He replied with a soft small. "How are you?"

"I've been better." I told him honestly.

"What happened, pumpkin?"

"Alex and Mason got into a fight."

He gave me a look.

"I'm sure that they will resolve everything before the wedding tomorrow."

"I don't think that they will." I admitted. "Alex beat the shit out of Mason."

"Didn't Mason fight back?" My father asked.

I nodded.

"Very much so, but Alex did a number on his face."

"You know why don't you?"

"Because he's crazy."

"Because he loves you," My dad rolled his eyes.

The waitress came back, and I ordered a lemon iced tea and a grilled chicken sandwich.

"Stop saying that."

"So you know that it's true?" My dad questioned me.

"Yes, I know it's true. Now quit." I stated.

My tea came, and I took a big gulp of it.

"So, about your purity ring."

My heart sped up. I knew that this question was going to pop up some time.

"What about it?"

"You gave yourself to Alexander, am I right?"

I didn't want to say it out loud so I just nodded, and avoided his eyes like a sad puppy.

"Why?"

"Isn't that part obvious?" I asked as I slowly looked up at my dad. "We were in crazy in love. It hurt just to be away from him for an hour."

"You fell too hard too fast."

We had too much time, too much us...

The song burned my brain.

"Yeah, we've realized that. Alex wrote a song about our relationship actually."

"He did?"

I nodded.

"More than a few actually."

"Oh." My dad nodded. "And that made you think of it why?"

"He wrote a song called Too Much. Some of the lyrics are We had too much time, too much us."

"He seems like he was right."

"He is right." I laughed bitterly.

Awkward silence.

"So, tell me more about this fight."

"It was over me." I shrugged. "Alex keeps insisting that Mason is cheating on me."

My dad looked shocked about that.

"And you at least didn't hear Alex out?"

He was shocked for the wrong reason than I thought.

"Yeah, but I don't believe him. Mason wouldn't lie to me."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, although I didn't exactly believe it.

♥♥♥

 

"Thank you so much for coming." I thanked everyone at the rehearsal dinner. "I know that Mason's family flew all the way in from London, and I'd just like to say that it's great to see you again." I smiled. I really sucked at making speeches. "Tomorrow is one of the biggest steps I'm going to take, that both of us are going to take. We couldn't be happier that all of you have agreed to join us." I replied as I raised my glass to toast. Everyone followed my suit, and then we drank. I sat back down, and Zack stood up.

I wasn't expecting him to say anything.

"I'd like to make a toast." He stated, grabbing everyone's attention. "I know that people usually don't toast at these things, but what I have to say is important. I-um.. I've known Katelyn since I was in 9th grade. I was like 14 years old, and she was 13. Look at us now, Kate." He laughed. "We're 22 and 21. I'm pretty excited to say that we're growing up! Anyway, I want to say that I am sorry Mason for the way that I acted. Katelyn is a part of my family, and I just want to make sure that you realy do love her. If you break her heart, I'll have to break you....even more." He added before he sat down.

I laughed, and looked over at Mason. His face did look so much better. The bruises were barely showing, but it looked like he was still hurt. I grabbed his hand under the table, and he smiled at me. I forced myself to smile back. I looked around the room. Mostly everyone that I loved showed up here tonight. Well almost everyone. The one person that I wanted here the most hadn't even bothered to show up.

Alex. I just wanted him here the most.

And he was the one person that bothered not to even show up.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24893702I

Katie's outfit!

Since this chapter is sooo short, 21 will be up soon :)

Go read, Listen To The Thunder and comment, please? :D

- Rae <3