Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Wedding Day

"WOMAN HURRY!!" Cayla stated as she walked into my dressing room in the church.

"I'm trying! I'm getting my hair finished." I stated. My hair dresser was putting in a blue flowers that matched the color sceme of the chruch. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24738451

She rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. It's about time to walk down the aisle." Cayla replied. "Do you have the whole 'something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue'?"

"Um...I think so." I stated. "These shoes are Lisa's, the blue flower, I just got this dress, and the garder was my mom's."

"Okay, so I think that you've got it." She giggled. "The others are coming in now, is that cool?"

I only nodded as I watched Charlie, Liz, and Lisa walk into the dressing room in their matching dresses. Their hair was already done the exact same way as mine was. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24744743

"You're getting married Liz giggled.

Lisa smiled sadly at me, saying something to my eyes.

I didn't understand it.

"I have to pee." Cayla stated.
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24744465
"Being six and a half months pregnant isn't all that great." She grumbled, and then went off in the direction of the bathroom. Seconds later, my dad came in.

"Hey daddy." I smiled at him.

He looked like he was about to cry.

"Mason and the guys need some calming down. Can I get one of your girls to do it?"

Liz laughed.

"I'll go."

"Me too." Charlie added.

"Thank you ladies." He stated. "This way." My father replied as he lead the way toward the guys room.

"Lynnie?"

I looked up at Lisa.

"Yeah, Leesh?"

"Don't do it."

"What?" I felt my mouth drop.

"Do you remember when we were at The Olive Garden a little over a month ago, and I asked you about Alex?"

I slowly nodded.

"Yeah...."

"You're not over him. This chaper in your book isn't closed. Hell, it never will be closed. You love him so much, Kate. I can see it. I could see it in high school. This isn't right. Don't marry Mason out of convience or the simple fact that he asked you first. Alex will love you a flabillion times more than Mason could ever even think about loving you."

I sat there dumbfounded.

"Why are you telling me?"

"Because you know that it's true." Lisa smiled softly. "The wedding is about to start. Think about it, okay?"

I only nodded and I watched her leave. A few moments later, Charlie came back into the room.

I figured that I could try this one more time.

"Charlie?"

She looked up at me and smiled a sad smile.

"Yeah?"

"Are you in love with Mason?"

"No?"

"Don't lie." I instructed, closing my eyes. "Just...please. Tell me honestly."

Charlie sighed heavily.

"Yes. I have feelings for Mason." She stated and then she walked out of the room.

"This is soo effed up."

"You're telling me." A familiar voice came from behind me. http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24894994

I turned my chair around to see Alex standing there nervously.

"Alex." I smiled for the first time today, and I wasn't nervous anymore. "What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't possibly let my best friend walk down the aisle when I promised her that I would be at the church on her wedding day?"

A playful smirk pulled across his features.

"I'm so glad that you're here." I stated as I got up, and I walked toward him. "It means the world to me, Alex. It really does."

Alex smiled at me.

"You look breath-taking."He smiled. He opened his arms for me to step into. I hugged his torso tightly, and I felt calm.

For the first time in forever, I was calm.

I wasn't nervous.

"You're sitting out there, right?" I asked him.

Alex's sad smiled dropped into some-what of a frown.

"No. I'm sorry, I can't."

"Why not?" I questioned, tears threatened to spill over the brims of my eyes.

I chewed on the inside of my cheek.

"Katie, as much as I promised that I would watch you walk down the asile, I can't lie and say that I didn't expect me to be the one waiting for you at the end of it. I love you, but I can't watch you give your heart to him. I just can't."

His voice cracked at the end of the sentance.

"Thanks for coming." I replied.

"No problem." He laughed. "Now I've gotta get going. I'll see you later?"

I didn't reply, but I needed to do something.

"Why was the fight over me?!"

Quickly, Alex turned around.

"He didn't tell you?"

"He just told me that it was about me."

Alex sighed.

"Then I can't tell you what I've already told you what he was doing."

I only nodded, and then he turned away and left my room.

I didn't have time to even think. Cayla rushed in, and helped me out to the hall. When the wedding march came on, my eyes searched for the familiar brown ones. However, they were not here.

"Are you ready?" Liz asked with a giggled.

I nodded.

My brides maid's went, and then Cayla went, leaving me to walk with my dad.

Once I got to the end of the aisle, everything everyone had said to me about Mason rushed to my mind.

"Mason?" I whispered to him while the Pastor talked into a mic about us and love and shit like that.

"Yeah, honey?" He smiled at me. http://www.polyvore.com/mason_wedding_dwifd/set?id=24895040

"Did you cheat on me?" I questioned. "No bull, I just want to know."

He sighed.

"I did."

"Okay." I stated.

With that I turned around, and grabbed the mic from the Pastor's stand.

"Excuse me." I stated. "but this wedding is being called off. There will be no wedding today."

All around us peple gasped, but I didn't care. My friends looked at me with shocked expressions. "I can't marry someone that I don't love."

I took off the engagement ring, and handed it to Mason. He looked at me in shock.

"My friends were right all along. It's really sad that I refused to even listen to them." I told him almost harshly, and then I did what I did best in situations like this.

I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooohhhh shizzzzz ;D

Five Comments and I update. I think I should be allowed to ask for that much, right? :) <3

AWE! Go read Listen To The Thunder and comment pretty please? :)
- Rae :)