Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Rosaleen Amber.

"Cayla you have to breathe! We're almost to the hospital, you can told out until then." I tried to say without totally freaking out, which I was anyway.

"DON'T TELL ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN! I'M IN PAIN!" She yelled. "I WANT THIS FUCKER OUT OF ME!"

I winced at her harsh yelling, and sped up.

"I'm going to call Alex, okay?"

"Hurry." She muttered, not able to fully yell as another contraction hit her.

With my right hand, I dialed Alex's number, and put the phone up to my ear.

"Hey baby."

"Alex, get everyone rounded up." I instructed.

"Katie, what's going on? Is something wrong?!"

"It's Cayla. She's going into labor. Her water hasn't broke yet, but we're on our way to the-"

"SHIT!!" She yelled out of pain.

"Hospital as we speak. I know that you guys are in New York and all, but please get back here. Baby Merrick is on the way."

"Fuck!" Alex yelled. "Rian go tell Matt we have to go back to Baltimore! Zack, Cayla's going into labor!"

I looked over at Cayla, and she was almost crying.

"I love you, Lex. I gotta go." I stated, pulling into the hospital parking lot.

"I love you. We'll be there as soon as we can! I promise!"

I hung up. It wasn't that I wanted to, but Cayla was going into labor! She needed my undivided attention. I parked at the ER, and I ran out of the car to help her. Some how we made it inside quickly, and to the desk.

"She's going into Labor!" I stated, full on freak out.

"How far along are the contractions?"

"Five minutes?" Cayla questioned. "They hurt like a mother fucker."

The nurse stared at her when she used fowl language.

"Can we please get her up into a room, and that fucking shot thingy?!"

"I need her personal information first."

"You're fucking kidding me?!" I asked. "Cayla Merrick! Just put her name on a door."

The nurse gave me a tired and annoyed look, but I didn't care.

"I'll fill out the questions, don't worry about it, okay" I asked my best friend.

"Okay." She nodded, still in pain.

"Are you married."

"She is."

"To whom?"

"Zachary Merrick." I told her, and she nodded.

"Madien name?"

"Cayla Hart."

"Middle initinal?"

"D, for Deanna."

"Mmmhmm." The nurse continued to type.

This was going to take a while.

 

 

* Five minutes later*

 

"And we're all done. Now all you need to do is get into this wheel chair, and we'll take you up to the room."

I the nurses helped her into the wheel chair, and I stood up, following them quickly to the room she was staying in. I went to the bathroom to pee, and when I came back, they had changed her into a hospital gown, and had IV's in her arms. When I walked in, two doctors were in the room. One was holding her hand, and back up while the other was putting something in her back. After they finished, they left the room.

"What were they doing?"

"Epidural,"

"I'm guessing that's the shot I called 'shot thingy' earlier?"

Cayla nodded and laughed.

"It's starting to work. I'm feeling a little funny, but I don't feel anything anymore. When you were gone, my water broke."

"Oh damn! The baby is going to be coming soon then, right?"

"Yeah, my little baby Merrick."

I shook my head and laughed.

"I hope that they get here soon. I really don't want Zack to miss the baby's birth."

"You just read my mind." Cayla laughed. "I would be extremely pissed if he wasn't here....even if it isn't his fault."

"Understandable." I replied. "I just want them here already."

"Me too."

 

*After three hours of being in labor*

 

"Cayla, you've gotta push!" The doctor stated.

"No! I can't! He has to get here!" She started crying like crazy.

I didn't know what to do.

"Cayla, look at me." I stated. Her brown eyes landed on my green/blue ones. "You got this. You can do this with or without Zack. They're trying their hardest to get here, okay?"

"Okay." She mumbled.

My phone started to vibrate. I looked at the text that Alex sent me.

 

We're out in the waiting room. Zack's a nervous wreck bc he can't see her.

"They're here!" I exclaimed. "I'm going to go get Zack, and then you're going to deliver this kid, got it?"

Cayla only nodded as I sprinted toward the door, and down four floors to the lobby in my scrubs they gave me to wear. I easily found them, they were surrounded by Forever The Sickest Kids and Hey Monday. I was running, and Kyle Burns of FTSK spotted me. Everyone turned around, and I got to the huge group.

"Zack...go...now." I panted.

I'm so fucking stupid for running. I should have taken the elevator.

"Katie, are you okay?" Alex asked me.

I put up my hand to silence him.

"Baby Merrick is coming, and if we don't get up there, the baby is coming without us, Zacky. We gotta go, now."

"Okay." He nodded. I grabbed his arm, and pulled him toward the stairs. "What about the elevator?"

"No time! You still need to get scrubs." I stated. Zack nodded as we jogged back up the stairs. The doctor outside of the room had a pair of scrubs waiting for Zack when we got there. With the help of the doctor, he got them on, and we went into the room.

"Zack!" Cayla stated in relief as he ran to her side, grabbing her hand. I stood on her other side.

"Okay, Cayla. Now you've got about five more pushes, make them count." He stated. "1...2...3...push."

She pushed.

"1...2...3...push." The same thing happened. "1...2...3...push,"

Cayla was huffing and sweating at this point.

"She's crowning!" The doctor yelled. "Two more! push!" She did as she was told. "Last one. You can do this, Cayla. Push harder than you have previously. You got it?"

"Yeah..." She nodded.

"Push!"

The last push, the baby came out screaming and crying.

"Oh my gosh." I felt my eyes grow ten times their normal size. "You have a girl! Holy shit! You were right, Cayla."

Cayla smiled a weak smile, and she stared at her new baby, which was now wrapped in a pink blanket.

"You did it babe." He whispered.

"I know. I'm so glad that you made it." She whispered back, looking up a him.

I awed.

"What do you want to name her?" Zack asked.

"Rosaleen Amber Merrick." Cayla smiled up at her husband.

"That's beautiful, babe." He smiled and kissed her damp and clammy forehead.

"I'm going to head out and tell them? There's like three bands out there plus Liz." I giggled. "I'll be right back."

"Okay," Both new parents replied.

They were staring down at their new bundle of joy.

I laughed, and walked out of the room, taking off my scrubs, and putting them in the waste bin. I made my way slowly back to the lobby. I wasn't running like chicken with my head cut off anymore. I got into the elevator, and took a deep breath. It felt like for the first time since Cayla started going into labor that I could actually breathe. I can't believe that I just actually watched that happen. I watched my best friend give birth, and it was mind blowing and beautiful.

I slowly walked up to the large group of musican's, but once they saw me, Alex's smile got even bigger.

"Hey." I smiled at him.

"No hug?" He raised a eyebrow.

I laughed, and slowly hugged him around his torso.

"So?" Rian asked, everyone looking at me.

"It's a girl." I smiled.

Cheers went up, and other people sneered at us.

"What did they name her?" Liz asked me.

"Rosaleen Amber." I replied.

"Awe!" Cassadee and Liz gushed at the same time.

"I'm an uncle!!" Jack shouted, earing a few looks from everyone in the hospital. "FUCK YES!"

Liz smack his arm, and then he started to pout.

I laughed, feeling arms slip around my waist, and bring me close to the body they belonged too.

Alex.

"I can't believe that you just did that for Cayla." He whispered in my ear. He had his chin laid down on my shoulder. "What was it like?"

"Amazing." I laughed.

"I can't wait to have our own."

I turned my head, and looked at him in shock.

"You can't?"

"Nope." He replied. "I can't wait to see our little broud of Gaskarth's running around.

I kissed his lips lightly.

"That sounds perfect." I stated, beaming at my husband-to-be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uber cute chapter....right? :)

Comment please! And check out Listen To The Thunder

xoxo Rae