Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Here Comes The Pain

I groaned. Jack and Liz were taking too long. They promised that they would be back, and come over to hang since Rian’s in Florida with his serious girlfriend, Cassadee. I usually don’t mind the quiet, but damn! I was getting restless. I hated not having plans on Saturday night. I would call up Lisa, but she claimed to have finally moved on. I miss Zack, but the dude is in the whole newlywed stage with Cayla. Normally I would count on Jack to hang, but ever since he fell head over heels for Liz Turman, he barely remembers me.

Finally when a knock came at my door, I felt 100% better. I sprang from my seat, and headed to answer it. Seconds later, a hyper Jack and a happy Liz came in.

"It’s about damn time." I sighed. "What the hell took so long?"

"We ran into a old friend." Jack and Liz plopped down on the love seat in Rian and my living room.

"Really?" I asked, not really caring.

"By the name of Katelyn." Jack beamed happily.

All of the blood drained from my face.

"Really?" I squawked. I really hated talking about her. I even stopped wearing her purity ring around my next almost instantly after leaving London, but I keep it in my top dresser drawer.

"Yeah!" Jack was excited. He missed her the most out of all of us besides me. "She moved back here today."

"Really?" I repeated. I believe that it was the only reply I can manage.

"Yeah." Liz replied this time. "She invited Jack and I to dinner at her house."

"And?"

"No, Alex." Jack sighed. "She didn’t ask about you. The girl has moved on. You should to."

That stung a little bit.

"I have moved on."

"One night stands don’t count." Liz agreed. I didn’t answer. I really didn’t know how to. I just looked at them, and thought for a few minutes.

"So you’re going?"

"Um...yeah. We are." Jack nodded. "We’re leaving in an hour."

"But you just got here!" I complained like a obsessive girlfriend.

"Sorry, honey, but we made plans. I can’t cancel just for you, okay?"

"Fine. You’re no longer my wife."

"Husband," He corrected.

Liz laughed.

"You guys are so weird."

"You love it!" Jack stated, jabbing a finger on her nose.

Liz stated to giggle.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you guys so fucking annoying?"

"You only say that because you fucked up with Katelyn, and have no way possible to fix it. She’s happy, Alex. Let. It. Go."

I ignored Jack’s snarky comeback, and I sat back against the couch.

"Jack?" Liz asked. "I think that you should apologize."

He and I both rolled our eyes.

"Fine. Alex, I apologize."

He didn’t mean it, and I didn’t care.

"It’s cool." I lied.

"We gotta go."

"I thought that you said an hour?"

"But I’ve decided that now is better." Jack stated. He stood up with Liz, waved, and walked out of my house. I was left alone. Now what do I do? He took me by surprise. Jack usually never gets mad at me like that. I didn’t know how to react honestly. After sitting in my living room for forever, I decided to just take Sebastian for a walk. I really needed to clear my head.

As we walked around the park, my last fight with Katelyn overtook my mind. I left her without a fight. I didn’t try at all. Given she was already engaged, but I knew she still loved me. I know that she loves me now. She just has to. How could she not? I still love her. Katelyn stilled loves me, or she wouldn’t have asked me to keep her purity ring.

Right?

I started to hum part of the song Here Comes Goodbye by Rascal Flatts.
(go listen to this. :])

Here comes goodbye. Here comes the last time.

Here comes the first of every sleepless night,

the start of every tear I’m gonna cry.

Here comes the pain.

Here comes me wishing things had never changed
And she was right here in my arms tonight, but here comes goodbye
I can hear her say I love you like it was yesterday
And I can see it written on her face that she had never felt this wayOne day I thought I'd see her with her daddy by her side
And violins would play here comes the bride.

 

Country is weird for me, I know. But it felt like that I related a lot to the lyrics. I never, not for a day, stopped thinking about our last goodbye. It literally killed me inside. As I rounded back toward my house, Bas got loose. I was too deep in thought, and wasn’t paying any attention to my dog. He took off running down the street. I started to yell at him, but he didn’t listen. He was running down at familiar street a block or so from my house. I started to run after my dog that had taken off.

"Awe, puppy." A girl gushed. "Where did you come from? Are you lost?"

I saw a girl with jet black hair in black skinny jeans, black heels, a purple top, and a leather jacket and scarf. She was in front of a familiar house.

"You look familiar."

Bas was panting and enjoying being petted on the head.

"Bas!" I huffed finally. "I’m sorry ma’am. I was deep in thought, and I let him get away."

"It’s cool."

She stood up, and turned around.

My mind did a double take.

"Katie?"

"Alex?"

Shock shook through my entire body. A smile almost came to her lips. I, however, was frozen.

Here comes the pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ywdK1jbztA

Go listen to it! :)