Sequel: Just Friends
Status: Active :) Comments get you updates!

Don't Worry, I Fight Dirty

Epilogue

"Andi!" I yelled throughout the practically empty house.

"Yeah mom?" The thirteen-year old girl asked as she came into the kitchen.

"Are you almost ready? Everyone is going to be here any second."

"Yeah mom." She nodded. "Who is coming over?"

I looked at the blonde haired girl with the blue/ green eyes who was asking me a question.

"Just go get your brother, okay?" I asked her.

Andi nodded, and ran toward Stephen's room.

Both of my kids came out, and he looked at me with his brown eyes and dark brown hair, with a touch of high lights in his bangs.

He had Alex's hair and eyes, while Andi had my hair and eyes.

"Mom?" He asked.

"Can you go put Bas out in the back yard for a little while?" I asked.

"Why can't Andi do it?" He whined.

"Because I asked you. Now listen to me."

The sixteen-year old boy shook his head, but he did as I had asked him too.

In the past sixteen, nearly seventeen years of my life, I've been happy. It hasn't been easy with Alex gone on tour, but we managed. We even toured with him when the kids were younger, but recently we haven't been able too. When Stephen hit twelve, he started to be a smart ass when Alex was away. However, I quickly fixed it. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't get lonely when he isn't here, but I've never thought about leaving him. Even after all this time, I was still deeply in love with Alexander William Gaskarth.

"Hey, mom?"

"Yeah, Andi?"

"When Jonny gets here, can we swim?" She asked.

"You saw hello to your father first, then you can play with Jonny and Rose okay?"

Andi groaned, but she nodded.

"Rosaleen probably wants to spend all of her time with Stephen anyway." She replied as she pretended to puke. "They're too gross."

"Oh whatever." I laughed, rolling my eyes. "Go set up the picnic table outside, please?"

"Sure thing, mom." Andi replied, walking outside.

There was a knock at the door.

I practically ran there.

"ALEX!" I yelled, only allowing him to drop his stuff in enough time to catch me.

"Hey bab-."

My lips cut him off with a passionate kiss. I didn't care how gross our PDA was. I was happy to see my husband again. I tangled my hands into his hair as he stepped into the house more, leaning our bodies against the wall.

"Mother fucker, guys calm the hell down!"

I recognized Jack Barakat's voice anywhere.

I laughed, pulling my lips from my husband's. I brought my hands to both sides of his stubbly face, and stared into his brown eyes that make your heart melt.

"Hey." I whispered. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." He whispered back, pressing his lips to mine for another prolonged kiss.

"Mommmmmm." A boy whined. "They're at it again."

"Seriously, you guys need to chill." Liz giggled.

I could only guess that the boy would be Jonny.

Alex pulled away from my face, and I unwrapped my legs from his waist.

Stand in my living room were the people I've been closest to for the past twenty years. There stood Jack and Liz Barakat with their fifteen year-old son Jonathan, Rian and Cassadee Dawson with 7- year old Cadence Grace, and Zack and Cayla Merrick with Rosaleen, she was seventeen now.

"Come on in." I laughed, moving away from Alex and leading them out back. "Andi's setting up and Stephen is playing with Bas."

"Stephen?" Rosaleen blushed, but ran past everyone to find her best friend.

"Aren't they just a mini us?" Alex asked as he tossed his arm around my shoulders.

"For Cayla's sake, I hope not."

"Hey!" Alex laughed, but rolled his eyes. "I gotta go say hello to my kids. Be right back."

He left a small kiss on my cheek that still made me blush.

"I'm going to go help Andi." Jonny stated.

"Wait for me!" Cadence Grace added as she ran behind the tan and dark headed boy.

"When did this all happen to us?" Cassadee asked, laughing.

"When we grew up." Cayla stated.

"And fell in love," Liz added, looking in awe at the man beside her.

"Then started a family." I concluded, earning laughs. "Where does the time go?"

"I don't know." Rian laughed. "It feels like yesterday that we all were just in high school."

"I still remember the first day of my Freshman year," Cayla laughed. "I met Kate there."

I nodded.

"I was standing with Alex when you did."

"And he looked like he was just so in love with you." She pointed out.

"I was." Alex whispered beside me, making me jump.

I turned and looked at him.

"Hey..." I blushed.

"Hey..." He kissed me again. "I love you, Katie."

"I love you, Alex." I mocked. "Even if you do steal my jeans."

"That was only twice!"

"Sure it was babe." I laughed. "Come on, we gotta keep an eye on those kids out there."

"That's for sure." Cayla agreed, linking arms with me. We were the first to walk out into my back yard just in enough time to see Rosaleen grab Stephen by his hoodie, and crash her lips into his. Stephen's eyes went wide, but slowly closed as her hands moved from his collar to his chest. Stephen didn't know what to do with his hands, so he clasped them behind his back. Slowly his hands snaked around her waist, and held her closely to him. Rosaleen's arms moved up and around Stephen's neck.
"Will you look at that?" I whispered to Cayla, whom was shaking her head.

"GET SOME!" Jack yelled, causing me to roll my eyes.

The two teenagers pulled apart, and Stephen blushed a tiny bit at the girl's confrontation.

"I missed you Stephen," She replied with a goofy smile on her face.

"Miss you too." He blushed, and looked away.

Where his shyness came from suddenly, I had no idea.

"Called it." Alex stated, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Will you look at them. They're too cute."

I giggled and nodded.

"Look and Andi and Jonny. It's us all over again." I whispered into his ear.

Alex's eyes swept over the yard, and looked at our daughter talking excitedly to Jonny, Jack and Liz's son.

"Their age is the same and everything." He stated.

I nodded, and made the connection.

"Okay, kids! It's time to eat!" Alex yelled at, making all five of the kids look at us. We all sat down around a bit picnic table.

 

*

 

"How was tour?" I asked them.

"Amazing!" Jack stated.

After seventeen years, he still sounded like a fucking eleven year old.

We were sitting in a circle around a fire pit on the patio.

"Great," Rian nodded in agreement.

"The kids reacted well," Zack added.

"Zack, you can't call them kids when they're in their 20's and 30's,"

"I think it's great that your fans have grown up with you guys." Liz stated, patting her husbands knee. "We missed you."

"A lot!" I agreed. "And Cayla too. We definitely missed her." Cassadee added.

"But the other kids got together a lot and hung out." I told the guys.

"Jonny and Stephen even started playing guitar together." Liz beamed.

"They actually are pretty great." I told Alex, whom was looking over at his son.

"Did you guys really?" He asked them.

Stephen nodded, and Jonny laughed.

"We did. I just brought my guitar over, and we started playing some songs." Jonny explained, his small lip ring moving as he talked. He was so much calmer than Jack could ever be. He took a lot after Liz, which everyone was thankful for.

"I'll be right back." Alex whispered in my ear, leaving a kiss on my lips softly. "Jack, come with me."

"Kay." Jack replied, getting up and following his best friend.

Moments later, they returned with four guitars. Each man carried two guitars, and sat back down in the circle around the fire on the patio.

"Here." Jack said as he handed his son the guitar, and Alex did the same.

"What?" Stephen asked them.

"Go ahead, let's play." Alex chuckled, sitting back down at the cirle we had made around the fire.

"We're going to play Fireworks by You Me At Six." Jonny replied as he and Stephen started to strum.

Everyone stayed silent, and watched the two teens.

 

So this is the end of you and me
We had a good run and I'm setting you free

To do as you want, to do as you please

Without me

Remember when you were my boat and I was your sea?

Together we'd float so delicately

But that was back when we could talk about anything.
 

I was surprised when Jonny sang first. I didn't know that he could sing. Then Stephen took over. Like father, like son.

 

'Cause I don't know who I am
When you're running circles in my head
And I don't know just who you are
When you're sleeping in someone else's bed
Three whole words and eight letters late
And that would have worked on me yesterday
We're not the same, I wish that could change
But it can't
And I'll say your name and in the same breath
I'll say something that I'll grow to regret
So keep your hands on your chest and sing with me
That we don't wanna believe.
'Cause I don't know who I am
When you're running circles in my head
And I don't know just who you are
When you're sleeping in someone else's bedI was shocked that he sounded like Alex, but had his unique voice. Jonny finished it out.

 

So it's true what they say
If you love someone, you should set them free
Oh, it's true what they say
When you throw it away
I don't know who you are
I don't know who you are

Stephen

 Oh, 'cause I don't know who you are
When you sleep with somebody else
'Cause I don't know who I am
When you're sleepin' with him
It's true what they say when you throw it away

 

 

Everyone else stared at the two in awe."Our turn to play with you guys." Alex stated. "Let's do Jasey Rae?"

"Alright." Jonny nodded in agreement.

Stephen and Alex started to strum.

I sat and enjoyed watching my son play along to a song that my husband wrote when he was just eighteen.

And this is what my life had become.

I couldn't be happier.
_______________________________________________________________________
♠ ♠ ♠
Andi, Rosaleen, Stephen, Jon, and Cadence Grace are in the character's now!

Thank you to everyone who has read/commented/suscribed to this story!

You guys make my heart swell!

xoxo Rae