Status: Schools starting now, I should be starting to write again, along with my other story, As The World Goes Down

A One Way Collision

11

It was quiet for a few minutes as my “Uncle” thought about how he could possibly leave me when I was younger. I get that he had a family of his own, but I always thought I was included in that family. I guess, after he left, I realized how silly that thought was and hardened my shell. Rarely letting anyone in, who didn’t prove that they were worthy. People often told me I was cold heart or was mean or even rude, but I was only protecting myself from being hurt.

“Annabel,” Daniel started, jarring me from my thoughts, “You have to understand that I did it for reasons you won’t understand, not for a very long time.”

“Well then why don’t you explain it to me in a way that I can.” I demanded. I felt Tyler squeeze my hand, in both a way of warning and in a way of letting me know he was still sitting right there next to me on this couch, in as much confusion as I was.

“It’s not that simple!”

“Why not?” I said, trying to keep my cool. It’s all about the poker face, I remembered one of the boys said at school when we would play cards during free time or recess.

“Because it was all in your fate! It was written before even the idea of you being born was thought of. You were supposed to be left by me. When you were the age of seven. Even I can’t change the fate a person of much higher power wrote for you,long ago.” Uncle Danny managed.

“I’m confused. How can a persons fate be written for them? I thought you wrote your own fate or future.” Tyler mumbled from beside me.

“You do, in a sense. Or I should say some do. Certain people that He doesn’t have a plan or an idea for, write their own life as they live it. But sometimes He’ll have an idea for a life someone should live and it will be randomly discarded. Your name, Annabel, happened to be on the list that was chosen from. You’re a special type of person Anna, you were born with powers. Powers only certain people have. Powers you can do great things with. But your life may seem like it’s not your own because of The Plan. And in a way it may not be.” Uncle Danny finished.

“Wait. Your saying that I am supposed to believe that you left me when I was seven because of some stupid plan you just pulled out of your butt? No way, no how. That makes you extrodanirarily arrogant or naive if you think that’s going to fly with me.” I let go of Tyler’s hand and stood in front of Daniel as I said all of this. But when I finished I turned back to Tyler and said, “I’m leaving now, give me my keys because I’m not walking after all of this.”

I stuck my hand out and waited. Without looking at me, Tyler dug in his pocket for my keys before placing them in my hand. I spun on my heel and walked out the door, down the hall and out the front door. I pushed the button to my Mustang and climbed in, smelling the familiar smell of leather and my Sea Island Cotton perfume. I sat there in the drivers seat with my hands on the steering wheel at ten and two, until a soft knock on the window startled me out of my reverie. I looked up, with frightened eyes I'm sure, and saw Tyler with wet hair standing with his hand in his pockets looking at me. I clicked the button to lower the window, letting in the cold along with his voice.

"Can I help you?" I interrupted.

"Yeah, I was uh wonderin' if I could leave with you? That was kind of a lot to take in for me, so I'm sure it was worse for you."

"No kidding. Get in. Your letting water in and I don't know where we're going yet." I said as he walked around the car. I was rolling up the window as he got in the passenger side. I just stared at my hands on the wheel, I didn't realize I wasn't moving,until Tyler said something about it.

"Um, as intriguing as this is, are we gonna go somewhere?"

"What? Oh. Yeah." I mumbled as I put the key in the ignition and turned it, loving the sound of my baby's engine purr. As I pulled out of Tyler's driveway, I decided to go to my house for a much needed break.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Comment or subscribe. OR You could be amazing and do BOTH :O

Jk, do whateva ya want.