Status: Finally Finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You Alone

Chapter 11 - Remember Me.. Again

A few days past after our sex and Gerard hasn't been nicer. He made breakfast in bed for me, he took me to the doctors.. He even went with me to a parenting class.
"Lindsey" Gerard said as he helped me into the car\
"Yes Gee?"
"I miss Annabel"
"Me too.."
"I'm calling up Bert, this is too long. I wanna visit her.."
"Okay, but don't call when driving"
"I know mom"
I rolled my eyes and smiled. Gerard buckled and took out his cellphone.
"Gerard... why is your screen cracked?"
"I sat on it." Gerard smiled and put the phone to his ear
I smiled at him and held his other hand. He squeezed my hand. I looked up at him and he smiled at me.
"Hey Bert, it's Gerard... Do you mind if me and Linds stop by to see Annabel?..... Yeah, that's better..... See you then."
I looked at him when he hung up "What did he say Gee?"
"We're going to meet him for lunch at the dinner we used to go to, you know the one-"
"Yes I know."
"Alright, just saying." He pulled out of the parking lot and started driving.
"Hey Linds"
"Yes Gerard?"
He gripped the wheel of the car. "Why don't you leave me with the way I treat you?"
"Because I love you. You're annoying, a spoiled brat and an asshole but, I really love you"
"No."
"Yes I do. I will never stop loving you Gerard. You've always meant everything to me."
"Why won't you go to Bert?"
"Because I love you!"
Gerard glanced at me then looked at the road.
I sighed and looked out the window.
"Lindsey.. I'm sorry I couldn't stop Bert that night."
"Gee, that was years ago"
"Lindsey, every time I look into your eyes I see the whole night replay! You saw me just standing there!"
"I saw you trying to help me but, his friends held you back and beat you up! I saw a true best friend."
"Lindsey... I would've stopped him..."
"Gerard.. You did the unthinkable though. You took the baby under your name, and you never refused being the father. You told your parents you got me pregnant and you got in trouble for it."
"Well.. Lindsey.. You're my baby girl.."
I smiled at him. "You haven't called me that in years..."
He smiled and laughed. "I thought you hated that name."
"No.. I love it."
"I'll call you it then." He said as he pulled into the dinner's driveway. He got out then helped me out. I kissed his lips. Gerard smiled.
"Oh, now you love me."
"Shut up Gerard." I smiled and walked in.
"There's Berty boy." Gerard said as he walked over.
"Daddy!" Annabel said with excitement as she hopped out of her seat and hugged Gerard.
Gerard picked her up and kissed her. "I missed you so much!"
I sat down across from Bert. Bert smiled and took my hand.
"How's the baby?"
"I'm fine!" Gerard said.
"Not you." Bert said angrily at him then he turned back to me and smiled. "I mean how's the baby in your stomach?"
"It's doing fine." I smiled.
"Boy or girl?"
"Gerard wants a surprise as always."
"Oh I see."
Gerard sat next to me with Annabel on his lap.
"So I wanted to talk to you about... well...." He took papers out of his coat and put it in front of Gerard. "Adoption to the rightful father."
"Bert"
"What?" Bert said as he looked up.
Annabel looked to involved in the menu to hear what they were talking about,
"Annabel is going to be in my life no matter what."
"I never said she can be, Bert, but she's mine legally!"
"You child whore! You already have one on the way share!"
"Bert I'm not talking about this now."
"Whatever." Bert put the papers away.

We had an awkward lunch. Gerard was angry the whole time, Bert was mean to Gerard... It was all awkward.