Status: Finally Finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You Alone

Chapter 20 - Lies for the Liars

I never thought this day would come. I'm at my daughter's funeral. I walked in and looked at the collages of pictures her friends made with me and Bert. Gerard also contributed to family home videos, which was a big help. I stood near the door with Bert holding my hand. I looked up at him and he was staring into space. I kissed his cheek.
"Lindsey.."
"Bert"
"Lindsey..." He held my hand up to his lips and kissed it "I love you so much"
"I love you Bert"
Bert let go of my hand. "Get out."
Gerard walked over to me and hugged me.
I hugged him back. "How are you Gee?
"Terrible... Did you find out-"
I shook my head no.
"Do you... want to see her?"
Gerard nodded and followed me to the casket. He gasped and put his hand over his mouth in shock.
"I... She... She's no... Oh my god... It was like I held her in my arms yesterday..."
"I know..." I said.
"How are you doing Lindsey?"
"I'm.... Okay."
"Be strong, Linds."
"So... Where's your girlfriend?"
"I don't have a girlfriend."
"Oh"
"I really... Miss you Lindsey"
"I miss you too Gerard."
I looked Gerard in the eyes. He wasn't the same. He hugged me and kissed my cheek. Bert came up and held my hand. "Back off"
"Bert please... I'm not in the mood..."
"Leave my wife alone."
"....W-wife?"
"Wife" I said. "Yes."
"You're Mrs. McCracken now?!"
I nodded.
"Oh fucking great..."
"Gerard... You beat me."
"I'm better now."
"Gerard leave. She's with me." Bert said as he shoved him.
"Lindsey he raped you!"
"Alright! Out!" Bert ran out holding Gerard.
"Bert!" I ran after them, knowing Bert was going to do something stupid.
"You killed my Annabel you murderer!" Bert yelled as he ripped off his suit jacket. He attacked Gerard.
"BERT STOP IT STOP IT!" I yelled as I pulled Bert off and shoved him into the wall. "Gerard, please just leave the past in the past! I'm staying with Bert!" I took Bert inside. "You do that again I'll punch you myself!"
Bert just kissed my lips. I pushed him off and went back in the room.

"Excuse me, do you know where my daughter is? Her names Lindsey Cobain"
My head went up and I turned.
"Yeah... She's right here" Bert said as he took him to me.
"Daddy!" I said as I ran to him and hugged him.
"Lindsey, I'm sorry... For your loss."
"It's okay daddy... Uh, this is my husband, Bert."
"Nice to meet you, Mr. Cobain." Bert said unemotionally.
"You got married?"
"We had a little ceremony, Bert and I wed at a city hall."
"Oh... and nice to meet you too Bert." Kurt said as he looked at Bert's tattoos.
I put my arm around Bert's waist. "He's the father of Annabel."
"Oh, I'm sorry."
"It's alright"
My dad walked over to the casket. "Oh... She's beautiful..."
"I know" Bert said. "She takes after Lindsey"
"She does... it's a shame though"
"I know..."
I walked out and took a cigarette out of my bag. I haven't lit one up in years.

"Hey! No smoking..." Bert said as he took my cigarette from my hand. "Lindsey... I need you healthy for our... baby."
"I can't deal with this Bert..."
"Baby please.. It's hard on us all." Bert said as he kissed me.
I walked inside and met everyone... The whole day was a blur. Daddy stayed with us the whole week, him and Bert bonded well. I wish I could say the same for Bert and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shortness sucks.