Status: Finally Finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You Alone

Chapter 23 - So Long, and Goodnight: The Beginning of The End (Part 2)

I spent my Christmas and New Years in the hospital. Bert has stayed by my side the entire time, with Gerard's 'lovely' visits and what not. Bert's band came to see me for the news Bert and I had. So did Frank and Mikey from Gerard's band. I was pretty close with the Way brothers and Frank.

"What's the news?" Quinn said as he looked at me.
"Well.. Bert and I are expecting a baby." I smiled.
"AWWWWWWWWWWW" everyone said.
"Congratulations Lindsey." Frank said as he rubbed my stomach.
"Thank you Frank.." I laughed.
"Why do you have... red spots on you..."
"The doctor said they're Petechiae." Gerard said as he sat down.
"Wha..."
"Bleeding under the skin" Gerard said angrily.
"My chest hurts so bad..."
"Where?"
"Under here." I pointed.
"Just take a nap Lindsey. The painkillers will work." Gerard smiled.

I woke up in an enclosed space. I looked around and saw a light. One light. My bed was moving but... There was no one in the room. I looked out the window and saw Bert. He was there with the doctor. Bert waved and blew me a kiss. I smiled and looked down. I was restrained to my bed. I looked back out the window and saw a disapproving face on the doctor. He knew what was wrong with me. After the chest scan, I was sent back to my room. Bert walked in and held my hand.
"Where's everyone else?"
"They went home. Gerard's over there though.. He stayed." he said as he pointed to him.
Gerard waved.
"I have... Some news..." The doctor said as he walked in.
Bert looked up and smiled.
"Since you agreed to the bone marrow biopsy... We found what's wrong."
"Oh finally" Bert smiled.
"She has leukemia."
Bert looked at him.
"Leukemia is cancer of blood-forming tissue such as the bone marrow. Types of leukemia are grouped by the type of cell affected and by the rate of cell growth. Leukemia is either acute or chronic." Gerard said in an angry voice.
"You're right, sir" The doctor said as he looked at me.
"Chronic... or acute?"
"Chronic."
"Mrs. McCracken.. I'm sorry... You're just too far in. You're not going to make it."
"Put her on chemo!"
"It's too late!"
"YOU PUT HER ON IT NOW!"
"Her body already rejected it!"
"Try again" Gerard said.
"Alright..." The doctor said as he walked out.
"I lost my daughter now I'm going to lose my wife. PERFECT. FUCKING. PERFECT. Lindsey I'm going with you."
"No."
"Lindsey, Annabel was my baby.... She was my princess. And she was raped and murdered! My wife, my partner and my everything is going to die with my unborn child!"
"Bert please!"
"Don't you 'Bert please' me!"
"Bert..."
"Lindsey, I'm fucking ugly. I'm hairy, and I never had anyone love me the way you have and hopefully still do. I will never fall in love again. I will never have any children again. I have attempted this before, and I'm serious about it now. I wanna be with you." Bert said as he kissed my lips.
I kissed him back and hugged him.
"I'll be back Lindsey..." Bert said as he kissed me. He got his coat and walked out.
Gerard walked over and held my hand.
I held his hand back and looked at him.
"I'll miss you a lot. You were my best friend."
"As you are mine."
"I still love you."
I smiled at him.
He kissed my lips quickly and sat down. "I'll never forget about you."
"Gerard, take care of yourself."
"I will."
I hugged him tightly.
"I'll see you... soon Lindsey,.."
"I love you"
Gerard smiled. "I love you too..." He walked out.

I looked up at the ceiling then out the window. I knew I was going to die. I wasn't moved by it.