Status: Finally Finished!

The Only Hope for Me Is You Alone

Chapter 24 - Smother Me:The End

After being in the hospital for another month, Bert took me home. He wanted me to go with him in a place that was comfortable to me. He helped me upstairs and laid me down. He covered me with a blanket.
"Bert."
"Yes Lindsey?"
"I love you."
Bert smiled as he sat down next to me. "I love you too Lindsey."
I held his hand and looked at his tattoos.
"I love yours."
"Mine takes up my whole arm."
"It's beautiful."
"Thank you." I said as I smiled.
"I love the tattoos we got" he lifted up my other sleeve to show my band of music notes and hearts around my wrist. He showed his too.
I kissed his lips and hugged him. Bert kissed my lips and crawled over me to his side. He held me and kissed my lips again. I yawned and closed my eyes. "Can you sing to me?" I started shaking.
Bert saw and knew I was ready to go. He swallowed and began."Let me be the one who calls you baby all the time, surely you can take some comfort knowing that you're mine. Just hold me tight and stay by my side. And let me be the one who calls you baby all the time."
I smiled and sang with him. "I found my place, in the world to stare at your face for the rest of my days. Now I can breathe, turn my insides out; and smother me." I stopped and laid my head on his chest.
"Warm and alive, I'm allover you. Would you smother me?"
I closed my eyes and listened to him sing.
"Let me be the one who never leaves you all alone. I hold my breath and lose the feeling that I'm on my own. Hold me too tight... Stay by my side and let me be the one who calls you baby all the time. I found my place in the world to stare at your face for the rest of my days.... Now I can breathe turn my insides out and smother me. Warm and alive.... I'm all over you... would you smother me?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics from "Smother Me" by The Used