Full Lips Such as Mine

Haven.

Ophelia and Jack had spent the hour walking around Port Royal, nodding at the locals and stealing from them with sly grins on their faces. The sun was high now and it was time for them to get back home, time for Ophelia to try on her new dress. Jack was happy that she hadn't felt sick the entire time and hoped that she would be okay at the party, too.

Elizabeth hurried Ophelia into another room and closed the door, but not before shooting Jack yet another nasty look. Jack only grumbled to himself and waited. He never liked waiting, thought that there shouldn't be any time for waiting, but he remained patient. Finally, he heard the door knob turn and turned around slowly, stopping immediately when he saw Elizabeth and Ophelia.

They looked absolutely stunning. Ophelia in the black, Gothic-Victorian dress that made her eyes stand out more and her skin look paler. The small bows and purple effects on the dress made her look ethereal. And Elizabeth in her bisque dress, minus the corset. She thought that a woman should add her own touch and for once, Jack Sparrow respected her feisty attitude.

"Doesn't she look beautiful, Jack? Elizabeth has such a wonderful taste in clothing." Ophelia spoke softly, as if the dress made her a whole new person.

Jack nodded and smiled before moving over to Ophelia and cupping her face in his hands.

"Nobody could ever be as stunnin' as you, luv.'

Elizabeth smiled as Jack's endearment toward the girl. She always thought that he should find a good woman who would love him no matter what and she was glad it was Ophelia he found. Ophelia was a strong girl, true to the bone and always had dreams of being a pirate. She would spend her days re-telling the tales she heard of countless pirates who were revered as heroes.

Ophelia and Jack smiled at each other before Jack turned to Elizabeth.

"I'm going to take 'er on ahead. I wan'nu get 'er a seat in the shade, just so she doesn't get sickly anymore."

Jack led Ophelia out of the door just as Will was getting home. He watched the two of them leave before embracing his wife in his arms and kissing her gently.

"You think Jack has changed any since they've met?"

"I've noticed a bit of change in him. He seems more concerned about Ophelia than he does himself. He risked the gallows just to take her out to town,"

"No he didn't, love.They'd never catch Jack," Will said, smiling and kissing Elizabeth on the forehead.

As Jack escorted Ophelia to the shaded area of the celebration he sat down near her, completely uncaring that his presence was not desired. Jack kept a careful eye on Ophelia, only looking away when he was the Turners arrive on the other side of the land. He gave them a nod and turned his attention half on the drumming and Admiral Norrington and half on Ophelia. She seemed fine; clapping and being fully attentive. She wasn't in the least any paler than she naturally was and her smiled was glowing brighter than the sun.

Jack looked around and didn't find anything worth smiling at nor did he see anyone else smiling. He was absolutely puzzled as to what she found so entertaining but shrugged it off. Far later than expected, the celebration ended and everyone was off to the party. Jack and Ophelia went back to the Turner household and Ophelia changed back into comfortable clothing, setting the dress on the bed with a sigh.

"It really is a beautiful dress," she whispered regretfully. "I really wish I could keep it."

Jack looked at Ophelia endearingly, as if her admiring commentary of the dress had touched his very soul.Taking slow steps over to her, Jack put his hand on Ophelia's back and leaned closer to her.

"We have to go. We can't stay here much longer," he warned.

"But, Jack! They won't be back for days, most likely. I want to enjoy what time we have left here,"

"No. I won't allow it. They might catch you and I could be staring at your swinging corpse as my crew burns Port Royal to the ground."

Ophelia sighed and crossed her arms. She flipped her head slightly to move stray hair from her face and then brushed passed Jack and out of the house. She ignored Jack's voice calling her name, telling her to stop, and kept walking. She didn't stop until the got to the bay, looking into the deep water, wishing she could sink down into Davy Jone's locker.

Jack Sparrow hadn't changed one bit.