Full Lips Such as Mine

One Thousand Ghosts.

Ophelia awoke the next morning tucked into Jack's arms and a grin on her face. She gently crawled over him and out of bed and slipped into her boots with a smile. She left the cabin and suddenly a deafening sound filled her ears.

And then what happened?
------------------------------

Ophelia awoke weak and covered in bruises. She didn't recognize the room she was in immediately and panicked, trying to get up and run, but she only doubled over in agonizing pain. Two hands helped her back into bed where she decided it would be best to stay.

Ophelia looked up into the eyes of a worrying Elizabeth Turner and a comforting William Turner and smiled. At least she was safe.

At that moment, Jack slipped into the room and stood near the door. His arms were crossed and his coat and hat were missing. Ophelia tried to tilt her head up to look at him but she didn't have any strength left in her body. What had happened to her?

Will grabbed Elizabeth's hand gently and smiled before leading her from the room. Jack soon replaced their spots by Ophelia's bed side and laced his fingers in hers.

"I thought you were a goner. ." he whispered.

Jack pulled up the covers to looked at Ophelia's stitches and winced. Ophelia stared down at the disgustingly bloody, gaping hole in her belly that was barely being held together by thin strings. She coughed a bit and Jack lowered the sheet.

Ophelia could feel Jack's thumb stroking over her thumb knuckles and locked his eyes with her own. He smiled at her before leaning over and placing a sweet kiss on her lips.

"You need to rest, now. You need your energy if you're going to be sailing on the Pearl with me,"

Ophelia's eyes widened when he mentioned the Black Pearl. They weren't still here were they?

"Norrington," Ophelia began.

"The crew left to pick up supplies somewhere else, dearie. It's only by your wound and the governor's grace that I'm to stay here without being dragged away to the gallows." Jack waved a hand at her as he settled down in a chair by the wall.

Ophelia was satisfied with that answer and closed her eyes, feeling exhausted, even from such a lack of movement.
--------------------------------

A good three weeks went by before the ever determined Ophelia was up and walking again. Elizabeth forbade her to leave the house alone and always told Jack to never keep her out to long. It was the doctor's orders.

She would usually sit inside, enjoying the company of Admiral Norrington, Governor Swann, Captain Jack Sparrow and the Turners. It was nice talking to them, and Norrington was nothing like Jack described.

In fact, he didn't seem so uptight, even with Jack in the room. Maybe he kept it all bottled up inside.

At night, Jack would often stay in Ophelia's room and talk to her until she grew tired. It was much more interesting since she had the energy to talk back to him. They would usually reminisce about Ophelia's childhood and Jack would tell Ophelia of his many brave encounters.

One night though, many weeks later, Jack decided it was almost time to go. The Pearl would be there in a few days and Jack decided he and Ophelia should leave Port Royal for a bit.

"I can tend to your wound on the Pearl. I just feel as if we've wasted time here," Jack whispered so Elizabeth and Will couldn't hurt.

"But I don't want to leave, Jack!" Ophelia argued. Jack shook his head and looked at Ophelia sternly.

"We're leaving in two days. And not one but, and, if, parlay, or anything else!" Jack retreated to his chair, crossed his arms, and closed his eyes.

Ophelia realized arguing would be futile and slid under her sheets to try and get some sleep.
---------------------------

Jack and Ophelia spent their last morning in Port Royal in silence. Jack had tried many times to get her to talk but she wouldn't say anything to him. Most of the day Ophelia sat in her room to save her energy until finally Jack broke the ice.

"What did I do this time?" he asked with an exasperated sigh.

"I want to stay," Ophelia pouted.

Jack sighed again and laced his fingers through Ophelia's before smiling at her. "I know you want to stay," he whispered.

"But I have to leave. And I don't want to leave you here,"

Jack pulled his most innocent face on to try and charm Ophelia, who smiled at him and sighed. "We really have to leave?" she asked.

"Yep. Tomorrow."

Ophelia sighed. "Okay. I guess it won't be so bad. I'll be back out on the sea,"

Jack smiled and placed a kiss on Ophelia's forehead before Elizabeth barged in, Will close behind and trying his best to calm his bride.

"Jack Sparrow, you aren't taking her anywhere! Do you understand!?"