Full Lips Such as Mine

Rum Flavoured Kisses

It had been hours since Ophelia had fallen asleep and finally awoke with glazed eyes and a loud yawn,startling Jack.

"Oh! So you're finally awake, aye?" He clasped his hands together and smiled, pointing towards the door. "We're just about t' dock, too."

Ophelia swung her legs around the side of the bed and pulled her boots on quickly. She wanted to watch the Pearl dock and wanted to know just exactly where they were docking at. Ophelia rushed out the door and over to the railing of the ship, Jack following her shortly after. The orange sunset reflected off her skin and Jack saw that Ophelia had already developed a slight tan, making her skin a light golden colour.

"You're got sensitive skin, aye? Should you be inside?" He asked, examining how much room he had too pull the Pearl in and settle her.

"I'm fine.." Ophelia muttered,running a hand gently over her arm. "What're we docking here for? And where are we docking?" She called out at Jack with curious eyes.

He turned on his heels and held up a finger before swaying back over to Ophelia. Wrapping a hand around her shoulder, he pointed to the west side of the island . . .where they couldn't see.

"Supplies and relaxation, darling. Right over those trees is a big sugar run, ships and ships of sugar. We're going to commandeer that sugar and maybe a ship or two. . . without permission,of course." He added with a grin.

Ophelia smiled mischievously and looked up at him again. She reached up and twirled a lock of her hair around her index finger and appeared to be deep in thought.

"Those are Navy ships, right?" She asked, quietly.

"Of course, dearie. Them Navy buggers ain't good for nothin' but stealin' from!" Jack exclaimed, shaking Ophelia a bit.

"I'm going." She added, sharply.

"Of course you a-- what did you say?"

"I'm going with you. Tonight. I want to know what the second ship is for."

"Haha. .well,one ship is for Anamaria and one is for personal reasons. Now you know, now you're not coming." Jack nodded, a triumphant grin on his face.

"I'm still going. You think I can't commandeer without permission, Jack?I may be young but I can hold my own, Jack. I found you, didn't I?"

Sharp eyes looked endearingly at Jack before a grin danced across Ophelia's face.

". . .Mm. There's no gettin' rid of ye, is there?" Jack asked, a hand on his hip.

Ophelia shook her head, her smile growing wider as she placed a hand over her face to cover it.

"Well. . .I guess you can come.But you're staying with me, understood? This place is dangerous and no place for someone of your age anyways."

Ophelia ignored him for the most part and went to turn around when she felt a small pounding in her head.Suddenly, black melted around her eyes and she fell back, falling over the side of the ship.

"Jack! Jack, you goddamn fool!"

Anamaria stormed over to Jack and snatched his hat and gun from him before beginning to undo his sword from his side.

"Wait wait wait! Whaddoyou think you're doing?!" He shouted.

"Ophelia just fell overboard and you're going to get 'er! Now go, hurry up before the girl dies down 'dere!"

Jack's eyes widened comically as he turned around and looked at the spot where just moments before Ophelia had stood tall and proud. He grunted and ripped off his coat but stopped abruptly when he noticed a few of the local islanders had already dragged her to shore and were waiting for him to come get here.

Putting his coat and hat back on,Jack grabbed his sword and pistol and jumped down to the dock, making his way through a small crowd to Ophelia soaking and unconscious body.

"She has a fever," One of the locals informed Jack. "It'd be best if you got her some medicine, quick. With a fever like that, she could die in a mere matter of minutes."

Jack felt a surge of panic through his body before looking up asking where he could take her. The islander told him that the water cooled her body down a bit but it'd be best if he took her body down the road to their witchdoctor. Jack made off with Ophelia in his arms down the road the man had pointed him in,a crowd following behind him.
-------------------------------------

It was nightfall before Ophelia woke up again. . .in Jack's cabin. She sighed with anger but didn't get up. She felt exhausted and her anger faded quickly. Turning over, Ophelia noticed a basket of apples on the table in the middle of the cabin. Getting up slowly, Ophelia didn't bother with her boots or waste too much time wondering why her hair was down before grabbing an apple and leaving the cabin. Jack was standing by the wheel of the ship, looking out over the sea. Ophelia quietly went back inside the cabin and grabbed another apple for Jack before just as quietly walking up to greet him.

"Ya'know. . .you're probably missing a lot of the action. .just standing here and all."

Jack didn't move at all and didn't bother to answer her either. He just sighed and continued looking out over the still sea before him.

". . .I'm sorry about earlier.It's not so much my fault I was sick, y'know."

Ophelia began to feel uncomfortable around Jack who now refused to look or speak to her. She kept her arms crossed and sighed. She turned and left his side, retreating back to the cabin. She huddled herself up in a chair, feeling unexpectedly cold all of a sudden. Soon, the door creaked open and Jack entered, looking at her with apologetic eyes.

"Aye,you'll have to excuse me. . . Someone was watching the ship and. .I didn't much want them to think I felt any endearment towards ye. Things could've gotten messy,"

Jack sat down on his bed and kicked his boots off. He leaned back and settled against the bed, reaching over and seizing a bottle of rum. Ophelia made her way over to the bed as well, sitting beside it like Jack's pet and rested her head on his knee..

"Aye, come 'ere. No sense in trying to fool ol' Captain Jack, now is there?"

He reached down and picked Ophelia up, moving over to make room on the bed for her.

"The ship'll be a tad quiet tonight, since everyone's off commandeering and celebrating." Jack informed her quietly.

". . .Why aren't you?" She asked timidly.

"Hm. .well,someone had to stay and watch you. Didn't want any casualties aboard the Pearl, nope.I was just a bit worried about ya', so I stayed behind. Nothing big about it."

Jack reached over Ophelia to set the bottle down and found his arm trapped where it was.Ophelia's hand clamped down on his arm and Jack didn't have the heart to deny her the comfort. Feeling defeated, Jack settled down on his side and pulled Ophelia into his chest before watching her slip off into a distant dream.

"G'night, dearie." He whispered, settling down and falling asleep himself.