Full Lips Such as Mine

Seeing you Cry

Jack had been the first to wake this morning,a satisfied grin on his face.He looked down at the still sleeping Ophelia who was wrapped around his abdomen,her head resting on his chest.Gently removing her arms,Jack settled Ophelia onto the bed and grabbed his boots.Before leaving,he reached out and stroked Ophelia's forehead.She didn't have any frightening fever and her breathing was fine.She sure handled her alcohol a lot better than she did last time.

As Jack strutted across his sailing ship,he felt a sharp stab of guilt.He hadn't told Ophelia they were setting sail already,she hadn't even gotten a chance to pillage or high-jack.Just looking at her made Jack want to steal the biggest Navy ship he could find and give to her; give her her own taste of freedom.Jack suspected that Ophelia wouldn't wake for another bit or so,so he relaxed and watched the moving sea.

But sooner than expected,Ophelia stirred on the bed and stretched her arms above her head.With a content smile on her face,Ophelia rolled over in the bed and decided to sleep just a little bit longer.She didn't close her eyes for a long bit,resting her head on a bent arm,she stared at the cabin's door and wondered what Jack was doing.He's most likely out in the town...with the crew and all.

Secretly,Ophelia had been infatuated with this mysterious pirate for as long as she'd known him.How she longed to one day call herself Missus Captain Jack Sparrow and pillage and frighten Navy officers by his side.But Ophelia waved the thought from her head with a hopeless sigh.She slipped out of the bed slowly,suddenly feeling a little put off at the idea of having to eventually see Jack again.Slipping her boots on,Ophelia seemed to stagger a bit out the door and over to Jack's perch.

"Jack..where're we going?"

Jack's leaned back and looked at her calmly before furrowing a brow and saying,

"Nobody's goddamn business."

This made Ophelia's heart sink a bit more and she looked down and nodded slightly.Jack looked at her again,trying to get a good view of her face before pulling her to his side and holding her close to him.

"We're just going t' make a few stops,love.No need to pout at me,aye?"

But Ophelia didn't smile as his enlightening comment.Worried,Jack nuzzled his face closer to hers and placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

"C'mon now, dearie. You look as put out as a eunuch. Smile."

Jack pulled on one of his famous gold-toothed grins that quickly fell when he realized it wasn't in the least contagious.Feeling uncomfortable and wanting to be alone,Ophelia pulled away from Jack's grip and retreated to the Captain's Cabin where Jack soon followed her,closing the door firmly behind him.

"Come on now.You're gonna sit down and tell ol' Captain Jack what's wrong with ye."

Ophelia refused to look up at him and instead stayed curled up on his bed, her back to him stubbornly.

"I don't know what's wrong. . .I just. . it kinda hit me. . Do you really remember me?Or are you playing the clever Captain Jack Sparrow who can talk his way out of any situation?"

"Well,love,I find it flattering that you acknowledge that little fact about me,but of course I do.You were the naughty little girl who came to visit me in my few days in that horrible Navy jail before sneaking me off to your stronghold.And what a strict Captain you were!"

Ophelia smirked silently at this memory,uncurling her body,a sign Jack took as letting him know she was beginning to unfold.

"I remember you'd always keep me in line.A cruel mistress you were,lass.You were so small then. . .I remember how you looked so sad when I finally left.And I promised I'd come back..."

Now Ophelia's body curled back up and Jack felt he had made a grave mistake.

"And you didn't.I had to bloody come out here and find you myself!"

Ophelia didn't cry but she felt unendingly frustrated.Her body shook as she worked herself into a sweat before she began coughing and her breathing became heavier.

"Hey hey hey.Don't get yourself worked up to no return.Just..calm down,okay?"

Jack soothed Ophelia's body,stroked her back and rocking her gently.He rubbed the skin of her back,smooth like silk until he came to a rugged scar starting near the middle.Carefully,he lifted up her shirt and saw an unhealed scar adorning her gentle back.

"H-how many years ago did you get this?" He asked shakily.

". . .Five years ago.During a nasty excursion on some cannibal island.I'd rather not talk about it.."

Jack remember that island all too well.He left a good dog behind on that island.But what's worse,he'd also seen a scar like this before.Many pirates had it,including himself.A wound that seems to stay open your entire life,plagued by a horrible disease.And Jack felt utterly horrible,guilty and vile for not being there to protect her during such a traumatizing incident.