Full Lips Such as Mine

With the Sun in Her Eyes.

Jack jerked up from his bed in a cold sweat,yelling into the cold night air that flooded the cabin. He jerked up Ophelia's shirt and looked at her back, sighing when he found that it was as smooth as silk, no blemish of mark.Soon, Ophelia sat up and wrapped Jack's arms around her shoulders,cuddling into his chest like a fond kitten.

"Mm. What's wrong?"

She looked up at him with drowsy eyes before cuddling back against his chest, curling her knees to her chest to keep warm.

"N-nothing, love. Just a bugger of a dream."

Jack slid out of the bed and went to sit over in the chair by the table. Ophelia didn't follow, only sat and looked at him, searching for any signs of nervousness or anything of the sort.

"Jack? Are you sure you're alright?"

The concern Jack heard in her voice made him sigh and walk back over to the bed, pulling her to the bed with him as he cuddled her.

"Y' know what, lass? I'm going to spoil you. You're just t' much for Jack Sparrow."He whispered to her with a grin.

"CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow."

Jack smiled at her emphasizing remark and pulled her into his chest,s troking her hair and rocking the bed gently. He was determined to get her back to sleep and felt like he needed a good rest himself.
--------------------------------------
Hours after, Jack awoke peacefully to an empty bed. He only had to open his eyes half way to see Ophelia curiously playing with the collection of "souvenirs" in his cabin. He smiled at the child-like innocence she displayed, handling each item carefully and looking at each one intently so she wouldn't miss any details. Soon she came across a small porcelain doll with smooth black pearls for eyes.

"Aye! Don't touch that one. .very personal."

Ophelia put it down carefully and bent down to look at it. She admired the long black hair the doll had and especially loved its eyes and macabre appearance.

"I like it. . ." Ophelia muttered as she turned about around to Jack.

Scooting over a bit, Jack beckoned Ophelia the bed to join him. As she laid down beside him, Jack wrapped his arms possessively around her and stroked her belly.

"What do you want? We're docking soon and I'll get you anything I can,love."

". . .I want. . .you to rest more."

"I'm sorry. I was just doing a little thinking last night and it all came back to me. I was thinking about how we used to celebrate our birthdays together, and you found me just in time to celebrate my birthday this year."

Jack rolled onto his back and pulled Ophelia with him, letting her rest against his chest as she fought against a new headache. She nuzzled her face into the crook of Jack's neck and attempted to fall asleep when a sudden, sharp pain shot through the back of her head.

"Do you know a young William Turner?

Ophelia sighed and nodded her head slightly before waiting for Jack to continue.

"Well, do you remember Miss Elizabeth Swann?"

"Yes. Why?"

"Well, Miss Elizabeth Swann ain't a miss anymore."

"I'm so happy for her," Ophelia replied, unenthusiastically.

Ophelia's sarcastic tone made Jack frown and stroke the back of her hair soothingly. He lowered his tone and grew concerned.

"Oh come on. What's wrong now? You weren't t' is irritable a few moments ago."

"It's nothing, just a sudden headache, is all. I'll be fine. .I just need to rest a bit."

Ophelia buried her head back into Jack's beck and sighed, the heat of her body becoming too overwhelming for her. She felt like she had caught on fire and any movement she made felt like thousands of tiny knives being thrust into her body. Ophelia never noticed that Jack had left the bed until he returned with a cold wet rag. He placed it over her forehead and watched as drips of water mixed with tears that streamed down her face.

"You're going to be fine, love.You've just come down with a nasty bug, is all. . ."

Jack felt his chest tighten as he remained by her side,stroking her cheek,hoping that he wouldn't lose her again.