Full Lips Such as Mine

Fragrance.

Ophelia had tossed and turned a little throughout the night but for the most part she was still. Her breathing was a bit noisy but she seemed to be doing better. Jack had reluctantly fallen asleep at her side,stroking her hair and whispering reassuring promises to her in his sleep. The crew had taken orders to dock as soon as possible in any place safe. How they hated to lose a fellow pirate to such an unknown illness. Whenever Jack had business to attend to above deck, Anamaria would be put in charge to check up on Ophelia every once in a while.

The sun was beginning to rise on another day and the Pearl had docked on a small island. They planned to sail back to Port Royal, no matter the risk, and leave Ophelia with Elizabeth and Will. She needed a motherly figure and Jack was sure that Elizabeth would enjoy spoiling the young girl, fitting her into dresses and passing on her feisty yet charming attitude. Jack had decided to dawdle this morning to stay behind and watch Ophelia and check up on her health progress.

She had no temperature and she wasn't breathing heavily.There wasn't a drop of sweat and Ophelia seemed comfortably off in her own dreamland. Jack sighed and braced himself as he shook Ophelia gently, attempting to wake her for the first time in days.

"Ophelia. . Ophelia, wake up, love." He whispered shakily. "Its been days. Please wake up, please."

Jack pursed him lips together when Ophelia's piercing eyes looked up at him lazily. They were foggy and glazed with sleep, like looking at the sky through a dirty window. Ophelia slowly sat up, swaying back and forth a bit as her muscles began to ache from the lack of movement over the days.

"Jack? My body hurts so much. How long have I been asleep? It feels like I've got a good year of sleep!" She joked as she stretched her arms and arms out.

"It's. . it's been days, Ophelia. You were sick. But you're okay now and any able-bodied pirate should be up on deck!" Jack exclaimed, standing up and placing his hands on his hips.

"Don't ye dare send 'dat girl up here to work, Jack! I'll gut ya' if ya' do!"

Jack winced at the threat that he knew only came from Anamaria's throat. He turned and smiled before reassuring her gently.

"I wouldn't dream of it, love. I was only joking, aye?"

Anamaria shot him a nasty glare before turning and returning to the deck. Jack turned and reached out to grab his hat.

"Well, I'm off, love.Get yerself some rest and come find me when yer' ready. And eat something, too!" Jack shot a wide, gold-toothed grin at Ophelia before leaving this cabin.
------------------------------------------------------

Ophelia was dressed and out of the cabin shortly after. She joined Jack by the wheel of the ship, gazing out at the gorgeous sea in from of them.

"She's a real sight, ain't she?" Ophelia whispered admiringly.

"Aye. Wait, the ocean or my Pearl? I'd say that the Pearl is more beautiful than any woman, sea included!"

"Is that so, Jack?" Ophelia said bitterly.

"Aye. I mean no!I mean- - Don't take it to heart, love."

"Oh, I'll take it where I want, Jack Sparrow."

"But- -!! I didn't mean it like that,"