Full Lips Such as Mine

Sick of You.

Ophelia lay snug on Jack's bed, sleeping soundly with a small smile on her face.

She had grown accustomed to falling asleep to the lull of the Pearl's swaying. Ophelia has also grown accustomed to falling asleep in Jack's bed. Silently, Jack entered his cabin, searching for Ophelia. Smiling, he stepped over to the bed and moved her long hair from her face, nuzzling his nose against her cheek.

"Wake up, luv. We're docking," he whispered in a low, melodic voice.

Ophelia rolled over and smiled lazily at Jack, stretching her arms and abdomen with a small grunt. Rolling off of the bed, Ophelia slipped into her boots and followed Jack onto the deck. With a wide smile on his face, Jack drank in the surprised expression on Ophelia's face when she saw the Pearl would be docking in Port Royal. Standing beside her, Jack rested a hand Ophelia's shoulder and smiled.

"The crew'll be droppin' us off in Port Royal, luv. We'll just stay wit' t' Turners for a few days. I'll show you the grand treasures that the Port has to offer," he explained, giving Ophelia a little shake.

"I can't wait to hear what it's like to be married. I have so many things to ask Elizabeth!"

Jack smiled at her childish manner and looked expectantly over the side of the boat when it stopped. Gesturing towards the small town, Jack helped Ophelia down the side of the ship. He was still maybe a tad paranoid about the happening on the island. What with her mysterious fatigue and all, he was just being attentive.

When they reached the ground, Jack grabbed Ophelia's hand before she could even think about running away from him.He gave her a wry look and let go, content with the fact she stood by his side the entire time.Jack knew Port Royal like the back of his hand so he had no doubt he could find her, even if she did run away from him. But it made him feel better if he could keep an eye on her until they could find the Turner home.

Jack became increasingly worried on the way there, though. Ophelia was yawning more and more as if she had been walking all day. Maybe it was just a small sickness that they could cure with a proper sleep. Pulling Ophelia along to The Turner's home, he knocked a bit anxiously on their door, waiting impatiently for them to answer.

"Jack! What a. .surprise," Will greeted as he answered the door. "And who is this young lady?"

"No time for introductions, I'm afraid. We need to use your bed," Jack blurted out.

"Jack, no! If you're going to bed some stranger, do it- -"

"Will! I really have no time for explanations! Please," Jack begged.

Will gave Jack a stern look before letting him into his house. After they settled Ophelia down in a cozy bed, Will led Jack downstairs, into the main room of their house and looked at him with a worried expression.

"Jack. What's going on here? Is everything alright?"

Jack leaned back and sat down in one of the chairs.He took a deep sigh and started on with his explanation.

"I don't know, William. I- - the girl is actually a very, very old friend. From long ago," A small smile flashed briefly on Jack's face before his voice grew remorseful once again.

"I'm afraid she's very sick. I don't know what's wrong with her, but she's been so tired lately. And she passes out so randomly. . She runs a temperature and her breathing becomes irregular, along with a few stomach aches. And it all happens. .just. .out of the blue! We never know!"

Will sat down in a chair opposite from Jack and looked at him, his worry growing with increasing speed. He noticed how Jack was wringing his hands together and how he was constantly shooting nervous glances in the direction of Ophelia's room.

"Jack, you're really worried aren't you? Sincerely worried about this girl,"

"Aye, I am.She's never doubted me, ever. Not even when she was but a girl.I can't lose her know, Will. Not at such a young age,"

Suddenly, a shrill cry came from Ophelia's room. Jack and Will rushed up the stairs to see what it was and both sighed loudly with relief. Ophelia had frightened Elizabeth by waking suddenly and Elizabeth couldn't help but scream. Tentatively, Elizabeth placed a hand on the younger girl's red face before gasping and looking to Will.

"Will, this girl. Whoever she is, she's got a horrible fever. What're we going to do?"

Looking over at Jack who was staring intently at Ophelia, Will grabbed a rag and rushed into their washroom, wetting the rag down with cold water from a bucket and returning to the room. He set the damp rag on Ophelia's forehead and hoped it would bring her fever down, slowly but surely. He looked over at Jack and smiled weakly, but his smile quickly dissolved as he watched Jack gaze at Ophelia, fear swimming in his black eyes.