Status: plot formation in progress

Royal Perfection

Prologue

“I hate you!”

The words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them. Before I could think. I saw the stunned expressions. The shocked gasps. The hurt in their eyes. I didn’t care. Anger fueled my defiance. Let them hear it. They needed to. They all think I’m that perfect little girl. Hah. Well, they’re wrong.

Deadly wrong.

SLAM.

The door slid shut behind me. Hard.
Good. I wanted to be alone. The hot adrenaline that pulsed in my veins made me want to do things. Bad things. Horrible things. Unspeakable things. Panic set in. Guilt. Regret. I needed to run. I needed to get away.

No. Not this time.

I would do something with this anger. I was tired of hearing the same lectures, how I need to be more responsible, more productive. I do my best, I try every single day to change myself for the better – and what do I get? The impatient scolding and chastisement. For doing nothing.

Tired of this.

My eyes swept over the room, piercing in their gaze. I crossed the floor, sliding open the compartment. A sly smirk tugged on my lips. Perfect.

Soon, I donned the clothing that fit the job perfectly. Slim, fitting, light – and could make me disappear into the shadows of the night. Reaching above my wardrobe, I took down the single-edged weapon. One I was told never to use unless it was an emergency. It was supposed to protect me – just like all the rules and bodyguards were.

But all the rules had been broken. It wouldn’t matter if I broke another.

I unsheathed the katana, delighted at the sound as it sliced through the air. So thin. So light. So deadly.

They would regret what they have done. They would all pay.

All of them.

I slid the lock of my door into place, darting to the window and pushing it open. A gust of wind greeted me. Cold. Strangely inviting. I grinned. I would enjoy this game. Very, very much. Oh, how the rebellious live. I was no longer the perfect daughter they would expect me to be. With this life-changing decision, I would become someone else entirely.

And I relished the challenge.

“Never cross paths with an angry princess.” I whispered, a smirk on my lips as I bounded into the night.

Blood would be shed tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
A work in progress. Unsure how this is going to turn out -- but I'll figure it out soon.
Constructive criticism is much appreciated. (: