Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 11 - Six-String Psycho

After the guys did not return after Dr D. got back, I got angry.

"What did I tell you?" I asked her. "I said they'd leave. I said not to get too attached. That's why mom put me in charge." I snapped. Revenge just looked at me. Gloomy.

"We have to save them." She contradicted. Oh yes. I forgot. She loves that Kobra Kid.

"Why should we?" I asked. She sent me a confused look. Then it changed to anger.

"Because no matter what you're telling yourself, you like him." Her smile was smug. I looked at her for a while.

"What?" I finally asked.

"Fun Ghoul." She said.

"If I liked him, I wouldn't take every opportunity to aim my gun at him." I contradicted her. "You do speak some rubbish." I added. Folded my arms over my chest. The kid came running into the room. Looking for something. I knew better. She was eavesdropping. "Why should we risk our lives?" I asked.

"You're planning on going to rescue the guys?" The girl asked. Her hair was all over. Afro style hair. Dark tan skin.

"No." I said.

"We're going, Psycho, whether you like it or not." Revenge told me. I'm in charge. She can't say this.

"No."

"For me?" She changed approach. Made me feel bad.

"Don't do this." I told her.

"Please?" She asked, looking at me. Devastated expression. I knew she would do this. I cracked. For her.

"For you, and no one else." I warned her.

"Yes!" The girl and Revenge called at the same time, cueing a high-five.

"But the girl isn't coming." I said, looking back to my boots, which I was polishing.

"What?" She whined.

"She's right." Revenge said. "They were taken saving you, so you shouldn't go back, it would defeat the object." She added.

"You suck." She said. Stomped away into the diner.

"How are we going to do this?" She asked. I sighed.

"We go to the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W building and ask for Korse." I said.

"Isn't that like, suicide?" Revenge asked with a gasp.

"What are your ideas then?" I asked. Bitterness in my voice.

"Don't snap at me for that." She said sadly. I frowned.

"So y'all are going to rescue the guys?" Dr. D rolled in.

"Yeah." Revenge said instantly. "We're going to storm in and confront Korse!" She added.

"We're going to try." I said quietly. His eyes fixed on me momentarily. Questioning. "It's suicide but we have to try." I said.

"I admire your courage." He answered. "Many would have left them to their fate. You never know, your bravery may be rewarded." He said and gave me a small smile. Turned around. Left.

"When do we go?" Revenge asked me. I heard Grace whining to Dr D in the other room.

"Well, there's no point in postponing the inevitable." I answered. Footsteps outside. I drew my gun. Revenge tutted as I stood infront of her. Guarding. Territorial.

It turned out to be another killjoy. Dressed in silver and black.

"The future is bulletproof." I said. My gun still raised.

"The aftermath is secondary." He replied. Passed the killjoy test. He's the real deal.

"Name."

"Snow Ghost." He replied, looking very dishevelled. Revenge pushed me out of the way with a huff.

"Can't you see he's hurt?" She hissed at me. My eyes defensive. She stepped forward.

"Careful." I growled under my breath. She rolled her eyes. Walked towards the boy. He looked about the same age. 20-ish. Dark hair. Beautiful eyes.

"I will. Don't be stupid." Revenge said to me. The boy was walking with a limp. I sat on the floor by the door. Revenge asked Snow Ghost quiet questions. Always the caring one. Makes up for me, we balance each other. I'm more cautious. She's more caring. I don't know if we can afford to look after this guy until he heals. "I know that look." She said in an annoyed voice to me.

"What?" I snapped.

"We can't turn him away. Killjoys act as one, or we crumble." She said. I closed my eyes. Leant my head back.

"Do what you want."

"I don't need your permission." She snapped back.