Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 12 - Six-String Psycho

When a person is quiet, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are shy... it could mean that they are planning. Plotting against the mainstream, maybe... a terrorist, or a suicide bomber. So next time you're mean to the 'shy' kid, remember, they could turn.

Snow Ghost turned out to be very quiet, balancing Revenge's talkative nature. He listened to her as she tended his wounds. Answered each question briefly. Not at all rude though.

Suddenly, I felt eyes on me. I looked up at Revenge. Her back was to me. Golden eyes were on me. Fucking Snow Ghost.

"What?" I snapped. Revenge turned quickly to look at me. "Tell your boyfriend to stop staring or he'll have more injuries for you to tend to so lovingly." I said. She narrowed her eyes.

"Why are you starting with this attitude already?" She asked, then turned to Snow Ghost. His silver jacket lining shined as the sun began to set. I scowled at her. Even though I knew she couldn't see it.

"Are you staying here?" I asked him. His tired eyes turned to me. He opened his mouth to speak.

"Of course he is!" Revenge snapped at me before he could make a sound.

"If that is okay." He added. He used one hand to move the black hair from his face. I narrowed my eyes. I averted my gaze.

Suddenly I heard the radio from the other room - Dr D. had just finished his broadcast. He never usually played records on the radio. This time, a song was definitely playing. My eyes lit up and Revenge turned around to face me. She was excited too. It was too long since we had heard music.

"Yeah, I drink juice when I'm killing 'cause it's fuckin' delicious!" Came the voice from the track.

"The Mad Gear And The Missile Kid!" Snow Ghost said with a smile. I let a small smile play on my lips. I tilted my head back and leant it against the wall. Enjoyed the song until it finished. Dr D. signed off. The silence lingered.

"Hey, Psycho, I think I saw a guitar in the diner. You should check it out." Revenge said to me. I dragged myself to my feet. Went in pursuit of the instrument.

Found it. Sunburst effect. Beautiful wood. No strings missing.

"Dr D." I called out. "Would you mind if I played this?" I asked. He looked at me for a moment.

"No one has played ol' Jessie in a long time." He warned me, but nodded his head. I brought the guitar into the room that Revenge and Snow Ghost were in. They turned to me as I began tuning the strings, and when I finished, I looked up and they were both smiling at the music source.

"Where'd you find that?" Revenge asked.

"In the diner. Dr D. had it." I answered, and strummed an open chord.

"What are you going to play?" She asked me as Snow Ghost stared on.

"I don't know. What should I play?" I asked. "Actually, I have an idea."

"The paranoia is in bloom, the PR
The transmissions will resume
They'll try to push drugs
Keep us all dumbed down and hope that
We will never see the truth around
So come on!

Another promise, another scene, another
A package not to keep us trapped in greed
With all the green belts wrapped around our minds
And endless red tape to keep the truth confined
So come on!

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious!
" I carried on playing the song, singing loudly, forcing a smile from Revenge.

"You're a good singer." Snow Ghost said quietly after I had finished. Anger flared.

"Who asked you?" I said. He narrowed his eyes.

"I can talk when I like." He said. My hand clenched into a fist.

"You come here, we help you, and you take the liberty to act like this? Get out. Just get out!" I saw red and yelled angrily, making his eyes widen.

"Psycho, calm down!" Revenge said, getting to her feet as I did.

"I won't fight with you, sis." I said to warn her. "So don't get in my way."

"You're not fighting with anyone!" She commanded. I narrowed my eyes.

"I'd like to see what you can do about it." I snarled, challenging her with my eyes. She returned the gaze, and tried to work her emotion shit on me. I shook my head at her and went to take the guitar back to its stand in the diner.