Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 16 - Psycho

"She killed a killjoy. A guy." Revenge spluttered, then turned red.

"Nice one, sis." I said. Sarcasm oozing out of every syllable.

"You what?!" Fun Ghoul asked me.

"Let's get out of here before someone notices we're not..." I looked down at my nametag. "Better Living Industries employees." I said with disgust.

"How did you get here?" Jet Star asked, hauling an unconscious Party Poison over his shoulder. "Did Dr. D. save the girl? Did you save the car?" Always with the car.

"The girl is fine. She was asleep when we left so we didn't tell her we were going." I told them. Kobra Kid was grinning wildly as he and my sister held hands. I noticed them murmuring to each other, their heads together, then a sneaked kiss.

As we left the room, I made sure our father was still unconscious. Fun Ghoul walked beside me as we made our way to the delivery entrance of the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W building. The guys must had scouted it earlier, when setting off for this suicide mission. But a glimmer of hope appeared beneath my breast. My younger sister, who I had promised to protect, and her new-found friends were definitely going to be free today, whatever it costs me. Kobra Kid was walking in my shadow, and Jet Star was on my other side. Revenge was on my right, Fun Ghoul on my left.

As we reached the unguarded door, he reached for my hand. He immediately had a ray gun pressed to his forehead.

"Hey, hey!" Jet Star interrupted me, stepping forwards and pushing my black ray-gun from Ghoul's head. "No need for violence." He warned me. My eyes were full of danger and threat, beneath my alien exterior.

"There is every need for violence." I contradicted him. Revenge stepped up to me.

"Psycho, give me your ray gun." She demanded. I looked at her as if she had grown an extra head. "Now." I sighed and handed over my gun. She continued to look at me in the condescending are-you-going-to-make-me-wait-much-longer glare.

"I'm sorry." Ghoul said quietly, and I gave him a long stare.

"Six." Revenge added, and I sighed, almost sulking, and slipped my hand into his. His eyes lit up, even as he tried to keep his face neutral.

"I think-" Kobra started, before a siren interrupted him. It was loud and wailing, and planted fear in everyone's eyes. Ghoul gasped as his hand was tightened on.

"Let's go!" Jet Star yelled over the siren. This pulled us out of the shock, and all of us surged towards the door, Kobra Kid taking out a drac who was waiting to ambush us.

My sister threw me my gun and I took out a charging drac as we neared the door. I headed through first, meeting a group of men in white in the back lot. I dodged a few blasts, and one scuffed my shooting arm, sending my gun flying. The guys were quick to emerge and defend me, but it was too late, my vision was filled with a white blast, and I fell to the floor after my gun, the others looking at me in horror. I quickly realised, due to the large amount of dracs gaining on us, that if they stopped for me no one would get out alive.

"Save yourself," I said, my gun slipping familiarly into the grasp of my palm. "I'll hold them back."

One last look of terror from my sister, then I turned back to the exit and took out as many as I could before I blacked out from another shot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but the next chapter's going to be weird.