Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 02 - Party Poison

Better Living Industries have brought out this... 'medicine', for lack of a better word.

Everyone who was affected by the events of 2012 has been gifted with... abilities. This medicine stunts the abilities, therefore making people more 'normal'. It also stops whoever takes the medicine from feeling emotions such as love and anger - these attachments are useless, according to BL/Ind. 'You can't make a profit from emotions' and all that shit.

My ability, as a killjoy free of the medicine, is strategy. My mind can think around any obstacle and find answers to all sorts of problems.

I don't really know the other guys' abilities. Except Mikey's, of course. He's a pessimist by nature, but his talent is forseeing the future. We cover it up from the other guys by saying that he is all a lot, but I think they're beginning to question our excuses. Mikey can see a disaster coming days in advance, as long as no human being affects the future events. Lately, as we have been trying to find Revenge and Psycho in the zone, he has been really down - he doesn't know why he didn't see the Dracs that were chasing the girls.

"Where could they be?" Frank asked, wiping the sweat from his brow. "We've searched everywhere." He exaggerated.

"We'll find them." Ray assured him.

"We're not going back to them!" A female voice screeched angrily.

Bingo.

"Six, we have to group with some killjoys or we'll die here!" Revenge answered as we came to a large rock in the clearing.

"Then let me die." Psycho replied bitterly, and noisily got to her feet, emerging from behind the rock. Her face was set in a scowl until she saw us a froze. "You." She growled, turning ever so slightly, causing the harsh sun to strike and light up a brutal slash on her face. It hadn't been there the last time we had met. She quickly pulled up her bandana to cover her lower face.

"What?" Revenge asked from her obscured position. I then noticed the limp in her walk as she struggled back to her friend.

"Not you." She said in reply, her voice almost venomous. "Those creeps have found us again." She said, and Revenge crawled around to look at us. Ray sighed in annoyance from behind me. Revenge disappeared again.

"I told you we shouldn't have gone to find them." Mikey said.

"Mikey, we need all the help we can get in these dangerous times." I scolded him. Frank broke the stalemate, his angry strides towards the girls the only motion in the landscape beside the light sways of the dry-bushes.

"Psycho, Revenge." Frank said, still in our eyeshot, but looking at the killjoys. "I'm sorry if we've done anything to offend you, but I do think it would be better if we... joined forces."

"Well you know what? You can take your ideas and shove them up-" Psycho's voice was cut off.

"I think that's a good idea, too." Revenge said quickly.

"You know what? Forget this, Revenge. Forget all we've gone through together. I'm done. Done." Psycho said bitterly. Then Frank stepped forwards, and a loud crack sounded, followed by a sickening thud. Ray sprung forwards at a female gasp, closely followed by my brother and I.

"What did you do?" Revenge yelled, and I rounded the rock to see Psycho knocked out on the floor, Frank's fist still clenched.

"What the fuck, man? What did you do?" I snapped, dropping to my knees beside the girl, my mind formulating a plan. I then noticed how innocent and calm she looked in this state as I gathered her in my arms.

"She was about to take off!" Frank pleaded, his injuring hands raised in defense.

"What, with a sprained ankle?" Revenge snapped, brushing her friend's hair from her face with a dusty hand. "Are any of you a healer?" She asked. I looked around and the guys shook their heads.

She let out a sound of anguish. "She's my fucking sister, man. Do something." She demanded.

"Fun Ghoul, stay with her until she wakes up. That's the least you could do." I said to him with a disappointed frown. "We need to find shelter for tonight, or at least until Psycho wakes up." I commanded.

"What are we going to do?" Mikey asked.

"We passed some more of those honeycomb caves back there." Ray contributed.

"Could you remember the way back?" I asked.

"Of course." Ray said, as if I had asked a dumb question.

After all these years of being on the run, I have come to the conclusion that Ray's ability is something to do with remembering sequences. He regularly tuts at me when I ask him questions like this. We eventually reached a cave we had passed earlier this morning.

"This the place?" Frank asked.

"Sure is." Ray answered.

"Finally." Mikey grumbled.

We entered the shelter, immediately grateful for the rest from exposure to the great ball or radiation in the sky.