Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 04 - Six String Psycho

Jet Star left me to talk to his friends. The rude me. The ones who want to hurt me. I hurled the rock one more time at the wall. Revenge tutted at me. I put my gun in its holster. I laid back and closed my eyes.

"Great. She gets to sleep?!" Fun Ghoul whined.

"What's your point?" Party Poison answered. Great. They think I'm asleep. They're going to talk now. Plan how to kill me. But I'll be one step ahead. Ha.

"Don't whine, Fun Ghoul." Jet Star objected.

"It's unattractive." Revenge giggled. I heard Kobra Kid laugh, then the others joined in. Fun Ghoul cursed at them. They're laughing at me, aren't they?

"That's why we don't need girls." Fun Ghoul replied.

"Stop acting so butthurt." Party Poison said. "Psycho would only say the same." He added. They're talking about me.

"I know she would." Fun Ghoul said sadly.

"Hey, cheer up. Wait- do you- do you like her?" Party Poison asked quietly. They are talking about me! I can't take it anymore!

"Quit talking 'bout me!" I snapped, opening my eyes. I got to my feet. I sent a glare to Fun Ghoul. He frowned at me.

"Well don't blame it on me! Party Poison, tell her!" Fun Ghoul said. He seemed to shrink back. I have power over him. Ha! I left the cave. Standing outside, my eyes adjusted to the light. I was quickly surrounded by the sound of an argument. They were arguing in the cave. They're talking about me. I heard Revenge's raised voice. Scolding them. Suddenly, raised voices and a loud shout. The shout was a curse. A yell of pain.

"I'm going after her!" Fun Ghoul emerged from the cave. He looked surprised to see me there. "Oh, you're here." He said awkwardly. I saw a split lip. A bloody forearm. I couldn't stand it. The blood.

"Who hurt you?" I asked.

"Party Poison didn't want me going after you. Said I'd only 'make it worse'." He said. He hissed when his pain came back.

"Come here." I sighed.He stepped forwards. I reached for his forearm. He lifted it. I revealed my ability. Healing. I'm a healer, yes. "Close your eyes." I said. He trusted me instantly. I laid my hand on the cut on his forearm. I concentrated. Clotting blood. Fixing muscle. Repairing skin. He gasped. Opened his eyes. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"You're a healer?" He asked incredilously.

"Shh." I said. "You want me to...?" I gestured to his lip. He nodded. He closed his eyes again. Tilted his head back. I placed my hand on his cheek. My thumb resting on his lip. Again. I concentrated. Felt the click when would is healed. Strange satisfaction.

"Keep your bandana up when we're on the move. Don't want people to know you're healed." I said, not glancing back at him. I re-entered the cave. It was quite dark. "Time for sleep. Who's on first watch?" I asked.

"I'll do it." Kobra Kid sighed.

"Wake me up for second shift." Party Poison said, sitting down at the back of the cave. We moved to follow him.

"Sleep well." Jet Star murmured. I didn't know who to.

"You too." Revenge answered, not laying down.

"Revenge?" I asked.

"I'm helping Kobra Kid take watch." She said. "What? He might... fall asleep or something!" She said, flustered. Her face turned red. "Just go to sleep, Six!" She hissed, turning away from me.

I laid silently for what felt like hours. I opened my eyes at the first light of dawn. Kobra Kid and Revenge quit their quiet conversation. Went to wake up Party Poison. I still don't trust them.

"Party Poison." Kobra Kid whispered.

"That time already?" He answered, tired.

"I'll help with the second watch." I said. My voice sounded rough. Fun Ghoul's eyes opened, watching me.

"You don't need to-" Party Poison started.

"I'll help." I snapped. Kobra Kid shrugged. Revenge narrowed her eyes. As if questioning my motives. I returned her frown. Went to join Party Poison by the cave entrance, The others settled down. A quiet snore from Jet Star.

"Why?" Party Poison said when we settled. Turning to me. I kept my eyes in the desert. I hesitated.

"Why not?" I answered. "I don't get much sleep anyway. I have to protect my sister." I added. He raised his eyebrows.

"I understand. Kobra Kid is my baby brother." He said. Why is he telling me this? What does he want from me? He's going to pretend to be nice, then betray us. Like my father. He sighed. "Our parents live in Battery City. My mother is ill - it's too dangerous for them to be on the run with us. I really fucking miss them." He said. His eyes glazed over with memories. Only momentarily. He looked at me again. I tore my eyes from the landscape to meet his gaze. "Why are you..." He asked, trying to find a word. "Like this?" He asked. I narrowed my eyes.

"Like what?" I snapped." He sighed again. Rubbed his eyes.

"Normal one second, then cold again. I saw it earlier with R- Jet Star." He said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said. Turned away from him. Looking at the never-changing desert.

"C'mon. You can tell me. I promise." He said.

"You haven't seen what I've seen." I turned around. Checked on Revenge. She's asleep next to Kobra Kid. Turned back to the desert. "I have seen birth. I have seen death." I said, tightening my boots. "Lived to see my mother's final breath." I said. My eyes began to sting with sadness. But I don't cry. "I need to be wary - for my sister's sake. Who else would protect her?" I asked. Silence. Light of morning growing brighter. Minutes of silence.

"What happened to your mother?" He asked. I gritted my teeth. He had crossed the line. You just don't ask things like that. I remained silent. He was about to ask again. Someone stirred behind us. Party Poison turned with a sigh. "Fun Ghoul, you're awake?" He asked. I cursed under my breath. Only person I wanted awake was Revenge.

"Yeah, man." The hazel-eyed man answered. He sat up properly where he had lay. I kept my eyes vigilant. A small movement on the horizon.

"Party Poison." I hissed. He and Fun Ghoul stopped their conversation and rushed over to me.

"Fuck." Party Poison muttered.

"What the- oh, fuck!" Fun Ghoul spotted the disturbance. Three Dracs on zone surveillance.

"If we ambush them, they won't be able to send a distress call." I said.

"Let's go. Fun Ghoul, wake Jet Star to keep watch." Party Poison said. He pulled his ray-gun out of its holster.

"Wait a sec." Fun Ghoul said, glancing at me and tying on his bandana. I made sure my gun was charged. Then we set off to exterminate some bitches.