Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 05 - Six-String Psycho

Jet Star was pulling on his boots when we set out. Creeping along the bushes. There was no hope of camouflage for us- we were wearing bright colours.

We sneaked along. Hiding behind bushes. Tumbleweed. Burnt out metal. The Dracs were having a cigarette break. We circled them. I held up three fingers to the guys. Two fingers. One. Ambush.

The Dracs had no chance- they didn't see us coming. Three shots fired, our guns smoking. We turned to walk away.

"Surveillance team 21 to base... requesting backup..." One of the Dracs was alive! Shit! I turned and headshot wiped him out.

"Fuck." Fun Ghoul cursed, stamping his foot.

"We're already dead." Party Poison said.

"Let's get out of here, and maybe we will survive. Staying here and feeling sorry will not help." I snapped at the man full of self-pity. He straightened up.

"You're going to let her talk to you like-?" Fun Ghoul asked, outraged.

"You're right, Psycho." He answered.

"SHE'S RIGHT?" Fun Ghoul cried out.

"Shh. The sound echoes for miles!" I hissed at him. Starting back towards the cave.

"What?" He asked. Outraged that I could tell him off like that.

"Fun Ghoul, let's go. We need to get moving or we're dead!" Party Poison answered. Fun Ghoul cursed under his breath. He put his ray-gun away. Hung his head in anger.

"That's your fucking problem." He muttered under his breath. My anger ignited. I gritted my teeth.

"What was that?" I asked. My furious eyes turned to him. His eyes narrowed. Although I saw the hesitation. "Say it louder." I snapped.

"You're just so selfish. I've never met anyone so mean or uncaring for anyone else." Fun Ghoul said quietly. I heard the emotion in his voice.

"Why do you care?" I asked quickly.

"Fun Ghoul, you don't know about her! You don't know what she's been through. Don't make accusations-" Party Poison jumped to my defense.

"And you do?" Fun Ghoul asked. Party Poison nodded. "What the fuck?" He asked, stopping.

"Psycho talked to me earlier. When we were on watch."

"She talked to you?" Jealousy. Fun Ghoul was jealous. Why?

"Be quiet." I growled, baring my teeth.

"What if I don't want to?" He replied. Challenging me with his eyes. I gave him a long glare. Set off back towards the cave. "Hey, I'm talking to you." He called after me. I ignored him.

"Stop!" Party Poison yelled. I heard Fun Ghoul jogging after me. His hand grabbed my shoulder. I turned and instantly I had drawn my ray-gun.

"Don't fucking try that on me." He stepped forwards. Tried to wrench my gun from my hand. I resisted him. He growled angrily. I shot towards his face.

The blast went into the sky, nearly getting his shoulder. He stepped back and fell, tripping over his own feet.

"Stay away." I hissed, aiming my gun at him again.

Quickly, Party Poison's arms were around me. Restraining me. I didn't struggle against him. I knew he was stopping me from doing something bad. My eyes locked with Fun Ghoul's. He let an unreadable emotion play for a few seconds.

"We need to go." I said finally. Fun Ghoul nodded, and I helped him to his feet. "Don't touch my gun again." I warned him. Cracked a forced smile. He smiled nervous smile back.

"Jet Star." Party Poison said. Getting the attention of the man stood by the entrance of the cave.

"The others are getting up." Jet Star said, retreating inside the cave when we arrived.

All I could think of was Fun Ghoul calling me selfish.

"You're just so selfish. I've never met anyone so mean or uncaring for anyone else."

How the fuck am I selfish? I've given my life for Revenge. So she can live more comfortably than me. I've gone without food so I can feed her. I've jumped infront of Dracs for her. We haven't encountered our father yet though.

"You're not selfish." Party Poison whispered in my ear as he walked past. Sent me a wink. I frowned. Revenge looked at me weirdly.

"You went Drac hunting without me?" She said. Hurt. Joking.

"When the opportunity calls." I answered, rubbing a spot of ash from my gun. She touched my shoulder.

"I heard you had a bust up with Fun Ghoul out there, sis." She murmured. Looking round to see the other guys getting our possessions. They were making the cave look untouched.

"Yeah, he called me selfish. I tried to shoot him. I failed." I said. "He grabbed my gun." I added. Revenge gasped.

"Fucker." She murmured. Turned round subtly to glare at Fun Ghoul. He was busy with Kobra Kid.

"We need to go. One of the Dracs sent a distress call." I explained to her.

The guys left the cave. We followed. Revenge shielded her eyes from the glaring sun.

"Did you have a nice sleep?" I asked Revenge.

"Actually, yes, surprisingl-" Kobra Kid answered.

"Wasn't. Talking. To. Blondie." I snapped. Revenge punched my arm.

"Be nice!" She told me.

"Why should I?" I grumbled. Jet Star chuckled.

"Yeah, I slept fine." Revenge answered my original question. Her cheeks blushed pink slightly. I smiled to myself. The first true smile in years.

Maybe we can be happy here.