Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 08 - Jet Star

"We should wait." I concluded. "They will do nothing to the girl - they will use her as a bargaining tool. They gain nothing from ghosting her." I added. Gerard nodded his head.

"He has a point, you guys." Gerard said, looking round at how the others reacted to my view.

Frank and Mikey nodded with a frown, and Revenge smiled, agreeing. I turned my eyes to Psycho last. She was standing against the wall with her arms folded over her chest. Her eyes were cast down to the floor, and I could see the fatigue in her face. Revenge followed my gaze, then the other guys. Psycho looked up, her eyes clouded up with some kind of memory. She glanced to Revenge, and as if some sort of signal, they both left.

"What's her deal?" Frank asked, pissed off.

"Some people just have to deal with this in their own way." Gerard answered.

"I guess so." Frank answered. There was a pause.

"I wonder what they're talking about?" Mikey said, looking towards the direction they had left.

"Probably about how much they hate us." Frank laughed.

"I don't think so." I said.

"I don't think so either." Gerard added.

Frank scowled and walked up to the car. "You can just hammer this dent out, right?" He asked me.

"Yeah, it won't take much work, I need to tighten the brakes and adjust the fan belt to-"

"We get the point." Gerard interrupted with a laugh. I closed my mouth, embarrassed.

Psycho and Revenge came back from wherever they had been. Psycho was muttering angrily to Revenge, and Revenge was clearly ignoring her. Psycho grabbed her friend's shoulder and stopped her with a mean glare on her face.

"Are you even listening to me?" She hissed, and then as Revenge shrugged off her hand, Psycho looked up to see us looking. Frank was, thankfully, still looking at the car. If he'd been looking, we all know the chances of another confrontation with Psycho. "I tell you, if you weren't my sister..." Psycho's threat trailed off as she passed us to sit against the back wall.

"You won't do shit." Revenge laughed. "No one else could stand your attitude, Psycho." She added. Psycho's glare relaxed into almost a smile and she nodded.

"That's true." She answered.

"Wow, is that a smile?" Frank had to get involved. I rolled my eyes.

"What's it to you?" Psycho answered with a scowl.

"Nothing." Frank said with a smile, adding a wink for good measure.

"Fun Ghoul, don't wind her up." Gerard scolded him.

"I'm not." Frank answered. Revenge laughed at something Mikey had said to her. I hadn't noticed those two meeting in the middle of the room. Gerard was dusting off his ray-gun, Frank was sat on the bonnet of the car.

"Look, it's getting dark. I think it's time to sleep." I said into the generally quiet room.

"I'm fine." Psycho said defiantly. I walked over to her before Frank could say something.

"You need to sleep." I said quietly. "You look so tired."

"Well thanks for telling me I look like shit." She snapped, going to walk past me. Frank was there immediately, shoving her against the wall. She let out a small sound of surprise.

"Don't speak like that to Jet Star." He growled. "He's only trying to help you."

"Shut the fuck up. It's not my fault you got too attached to the girl." Psycho answered, giving us both a look of hate.

"I'm telling you, don't talk to him like that or-" Frank said. I was about to tell him that he didn't need to defend me when Psycho cut him off.

"Or what? You going to hit me? Shoot me? Go ahead, make my day." She said, putting her hands behind her back and closing her eyes. Frank didn't miss the opportunity, and clocked her twice in the face. Psycho opened her eyes, now glazed over and with an un-natural red sheen on them. The blood trickled from her lip and splashed on the floor. "Feel better?" She asked, taunting, but still angry. Frank stepped back, as if only just realising what he had done.

Psycho spat out a tooth, and the quiet clink drew attention from the others.

"What the hell have you done?" Revenge screeched, drawing her gun on Frank. I stepped back and consequently let Psycho in Revenge's line of sight. Frank raised his hands.

"What the fuck, man?" Mikey raised his voice. Gerard just stood with his eyes narrowed, eyes holding Frank's gaze, questioning. Revenge rushed forwards, as if to shoot Frank, but as I stepped forwards to stop her, I saw that she was running to her sister. Revenge wrapped her arms around her, and Psycho stood there, stiff.

"It's okay, sis." Was all the injured girl said. Revenge's shoulders began to shake as she held her sister close to her. I felt like we were interrupting a quiet moment. I made a hand gesture to the other guys to leave, and Frank huffed loudly before joining Gerard and Mikey in the diner.

"What was that about?" I asked. Psycho lazily shifted her eyes to me, and bared her teeth. The tooth that had been knocked out was quickly replaced. "What the fuck!" I yelped, jumping backwards. "How did you do that?" I asked. Psycho just winked with a smirk before looking down to her sister.