Status: Just getting started, motorbabies.

Two

Chapter 09 - Fun Ghoul

"That was uncalled for!" Gerard shouted in my face. "Remember, we have no hospitals out here! What's she going to do? Sit in agony until it heals?" He asked.

"I don't know-"

"Seriously, you take things way too far!" Mikey said, his hand curling into a fist.

"But she told me to do it!" I explained.

"Stop whining. Do you really expect us to believe that she told you to punch her in the face and knock a tooth out?" Gerard spat.

"What if you had seriously hurt her?" Mikey asked me.

"Guys, stop making such a big deal of it!" I said loudly.

"Stop making a big deal?" Gerard stressed, his hands strained to not strangle me. "You don't understand! Girls are more fragile than boys." He said. As if I don't know that!

"I'm sorry, okay?" I said, throwing my hands in the air in defeat. I stormed back into the room to find Ray, who was staring at Psycho in disbelief. "Jet Star, is the car usable?" I asked. He frowned.

"I don't want you driving it round with a big dent in the side." He said, putting his hand on the hood. I glanced over and Psycho was looking at me, a calm frown on her face.

The weird thing was, she seemed calmer after I had hit her. I couldn't help it though- it let out the tension I felt towards her. Maybe... maybe I should have let her hit me, too? I moved to step towards her, but Ray stopped me with a hand strongly stopping my chest.

"Don't do it, man." He said to me. I ran a hand through my hair.

"I'm not going to hurt her." I said. He looked at me incredilously. I realised how stupid that sounded, after I just knocked a tooth from her. "Trust me." I said.

Psycho looked at me with cautious mocha eyes. She wiped her chin of dried blood with a wet cloth that Revenge had passed her. She kept her eyes on me all of the time.

"I, uh, I just wanted to apologi-"

"Apologize?" She asked, cutting me off. "Nothing to apologize for. I deserve everything I get." She said, now washing her hands with the cloth. She threw the cloth aside, it landed awkwardly by the door to the diner. "Everything." She repeated.

She looked at the cloth, then her eyes pierced me again. Revenge walked in quickly, breaking our stalemate.

"You!" She hissed, storming towards me. Psycho caught her shoulder, and pulled her back to whisper something in her ear. Revenge frowned angrily, but stayed where she was. At this point, I was actually wanting someone to hit me, to ease the tension.

"Well, let me break this awkward silence." Gerard walked up to us from his quiet conversation with Mikey. "Fun Ghoul, have you said you're sorry?" He asked me.

"She wouldn't let me-"

"Bullshit." He interrupted me. "You say it now, or-"

"He doesn't need to say it." Psycho said, her eyes flashing dangerously. She turned to Revenge and whispered something angrily, pointing to the door. "Don't forget it." She added, then walked over to Gerard and I.

"What is wrong with you? He knocks out a tooth, and you're perfectly fine with it?" Gerard said. "I thought that because you're so... you know, that you would have hit him back."

"Wait, I'm so what?" She asked. I gritted my teeth. Gerard was digging himself a hole here.

"Oh, it doesn't matter, just forget-"

"Tell me." She growled, intimidating the both of us. I took an involuntary step backwards.

"Psycho! Don't frighten the others!" Revenge's voice came from the doorway, more annoyed than angry. Saved our bacon there. "How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Why do you always get involved?" Psycho turned and yelled.

"Don't start that with me!" Revenge said back, angrily.

"I do what I want. You don't like it, you get over it." Psycho said, clenching her fist.

"Is that really what mom would have wanted you to say?" Revenge said. A low blow - we all missed our parents, so I guess Psycho was no different. Psycho jolted in surprise, then tensed in anger and shock. I looked at Gerard, he was as shocked as Psycho. A hint of anger on his face, as if he knew something about this.

Psycho sprung forwards towards Revenge, but as I had guessed what she would do, my arms circled her waist and dragged her backwards. She froze, then lashed out at my arms, but I moved her away from Revenge.

"Don't do something you'll regret." I said into her ear. She took a deep breath.

"Let me go." She said.

"Are you going to hurt Revenge?" I asked.

"Let me go, asshole!" She repeated.

"Fun Ghoul, we need to go." Ray said. I closed my eyes, and released the girl who was writhing in my grip. She immediately took many paces away from me, then left the diner.

"Now where's she going?" Mikey asked. Revenge had stormed back into the diner.

"I don't know, Kid." Gerard answered, sighing. "If she's gone and got herself ghosted, you'd better learn to live with the guilt." He said to me. I narrowed my eyes.

"All she needs is a firm hand, whether you decide to comfort her, or tell her where she's wrong." Revenge said quietly.

"Fine." I said, and followed Psycho out of the diner. I walked the whole of the way around the diner, with no sign of the girl. Then I heard hissing... This had better not be a desert snake. I thought, and looked around myself for the creature, but the sound turned out to be coming from the roof.

"Damn Fun Ghoul and his damn baby face. Dammit- ah!" She was definitely up there, alright. But was she hurt?

I climbed up an old dumpster to get up onto the low part of the roof, above our makeshift garage.

"Six-" I tried the name her sister called her, and her eyes glinted dangerously when she looked at me. "Just, let me talk to you." She paused in the lacing of her boot to listen to me. "Please, I really care about you," Her eyes softened and for a split second, she looked like the young girl she was. But quickly enough, she glanced away and sat on her feet.

"What do you want to say, huh?"

"Uh, okay, um, so if we don't make it out alive after this... mission, I just wanted you to know that... um, I don't think you're that bad, and I'm sorry." She glanced at me, then gestured for me to sit beside her.

"Let's just watch the sunrise one last time, Fun Ghoul, none of the soppy stuff, then we'll get to the chase."
♠ ♠ ♠
The elusive chapter nine is up.