Status: Discontinued, sorry lovelies! xo

Beautiful Things

Three.

Mason and I sat in my office uneasily. We were both nervously excited about the FBI being here and our anxiety levels were out of wack. It sounds extremely immature, but there really is no other way to put it. We were spying on Rory through my blinds.

Mason was a trustworthy guy and he was probably the only guy who deep down wasn't sexist. Most of my men would be polite to my face, but inside they'd have this thing that would just chew on their insides. I found it funny how they thought I couldn't tell.

Right now, Rory was taking over my department. Well, not really, because my officers were still listening to me and carrying on with the orders I gave them, but he was hogging the BAU. That sounds even more immature.

Mason looked at me. "Why don't you go out there and steal your job back?"

"Whoa, whoa, he hasn't officially taken anything, okay?" I laughed easily. "Besides, they don't need my help. Can't you see how they're practically rolling their eyes at Rory?"

"Hey, here's two more of them," Mason said as he glanced through the blinds.

"Well, well," I hummed as I joined him, "Guess I should go introduce myself."

Once again, I straightened out my skirt and fixed my collar and walked sophisticatedly out the door. They both turned to look at me, one nudged the other. I smiled slightly.

"Hello," I greeted them cheerfully, "I'm Megan. Nice to meet you."

"Our pleasure. I'm Morgan and this is Reid," Morgan said smoothly. Reid smiled.

"Your team is set up in our media room, it's right--"

"Agent Morgan and Dr. Reid!" Rory exclaimed as he hurried over.

"Oh for christ's sake," I mumbled as I smacked my face with my hand.

Morgan froze in a state were his mouth was partially open with somewhat of a curious smile and his eyes were set on me. He was silently asking me who this clown was, I knew it. Reid just stared at the fumbling Rory. I prayed this would be over quick.

"So, so nice to meet you!" Rory shook both their hands, then added on, "Especially you, Dr. Reid, there is so many things I want to ask you if you have the chance!"

Morgan seemed to scoff as he looked at Reid. I was amazed at Rory's attitude, I've never seen it before. He was grown man acting like he was a little girl who just met Justin Bieber. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but he was somewhere in the same ballpark.

I nudged Rory hard, making sure my elbow left a bruise. He looked at me and I sent a death glare his way.

"Go wait in my office," I told him, as calmly as I could.

"Yes, Ma'am," Rory hissed as he clicked his tongue. He ambled away.

"I am so sorry about him," I apologized sincerely to the two agents, "He's usually more together than that."

"Yeah, it's no problem," Morgan assured me. "So this media room?"

"Oh, right down that way," I directed them as I pointed. "If you have any trouble, just ask any of my officers and they'll be sure to help you, okay."

I smiled sweetly and charmingly, trying to completely mend any damage Rory did.

The way they both smiled as they walked away gave me hope everything was going to be fine and they wouldn't think this whole department was nuts.

"I never have normal fans," I overheard Reid tell Morgan.

I laughed to myself as I went to deal with the idiot.

Image

I took off my sunglasses and rested them on the dashboard. My grip on the steering wheel was still tight though we were parked. I rested my chin on the top and peered out the front windshield.

"This is unbelievable," I told Mason, who was sitting in the passengers' seat.

I didn't want Rory riding with me, so I opened the offer to Mason. He gladly accepted.

"We should get out there," Mason said, ignoring my statement. Another body was found.

Mason and I went to the crime scene. Mason immediately started taking notes. The body was in a back alley like the first was. I was uneasily sure this was Nicole. Hotchner and Rossi hadn't come to the crime scene, but the others were here.

The body was destroyed the same way the first one was. The only thing that said the possible gender was the clothing. Prentiss was crouching down, bagging some evidence. Morgan and Reid stared at the body as they discussed things.

I nudged Mason and gestured at Prentiss, telling him silently to help her. He nodded and joined her side. She seemed to welcome him fine. He was always ready to learn, especially from FBI Agents, and didn't act like he knew everything, like Rory.

"Hey," I breathed out heavily as approached Morgan and Reid, "Pretty gruesome, huh?"

"We've seen worse," Reid retorted.

"Oh, right," I mumbled, "I guess you guys have."

"We should be getting the identity for this body as soon as possible," Morgan assured me.

"When was the tape mailed to you?" Reid interjected.

"Uh, two days ago, I believe," I replied, "I could double check that to be sure."

"But roughly two days?" Morgan confirmed. I nodded.

"So he doesn't spend that much time with them. Quite possibly he rids of them before someone can even report them missing," Reid thought aloud.

"It's a he?" I asked, wondering how they could tell so soon.

"Very rarely do females stalk other females," Morgan informed me, "And the brutality of these murders points to a male."

I stared at them both in amazement. They were so weird. Any normal person, like myself, would view this bloody scene and cringe at the sight. I was so upset, I completely stopped thinking. They were capable of analyzing the whole situation without trouble, including thinking of things normal people might miss.

"I'm impressed, boys," I praised them, cracking my first smile all day.

"Morgan, can you come here for a second?" Prentiss hollered, "They're short staffed."

She was referring to the morticians who were here to pick up the body. I saw her roll her eyes so only her team members could see.

"It's a small town thing," I laughed lightly, telling Morgan.

He chuckled and headed over to where the morticians were waiting. I looked over at Reid. It was slightly uncomfortable. I had heard a few things about him, like how he was only in his twenties and on the team already. I wasn't sure what to say to a genius.

"So," I mumbled, stretching out the word. "You're like really smart, huh?"

"Yeah," he laughed lightly as he nodded, "You could say that."

"We should probably get back to the station," I insisted, and then to end the awkwardness, "Nice talking to you."