Pokemon: Jade

Mother, May I?

Tossing over the bed once again, trying to make myself comfortable with the blanket. Haru shifted to another spot as he felt my sudden movement. Then I felt him growl and increase of heat in the atmosphere.....INTRUDER ALERT!

My eyes snapped open to see Jared in front of me. I sat up in shock ad reached to turn on the lamp to see him completely, "Jared, you're scaring Haru!" I whispered harshly.

"I am going to explore Johto tomorrow morning." he simply stated, ignoring the fact that i was annoyed at his sudden midnight visit.

Then my brain processed on what he just said, "so....." I didn't know what he was implying, "good for you?"

"When I told mom about this, she kinda wants you to start your journey as well but...."

My eyes suddenly widen and I was wide awake, "Oh my god...that's...."

"But, unfortunately, you have to travel with me."

My ecstatic smile turned into a smirk, "Well that is definitely a win-win situation for me."

He rolled his eyes and I knew he wasn't happy with this whole arrangement. Then I noticed that it was too good to be true. My eyes narrowed as I knew there was a catch he had planned out. He noticed this and it was his turn to smirk.

"I am leaving half an hour before the sun rises."

My shoulders slumped, "A challenge I see."

"I know how you hate mornings." he nodded, "and you have to pack up for something that can take months." and with that he ruffled my hair and made his way to my bedroom door.

"Have a nice sleep."

I collapsed on the bed after he left. This is was all just perfect. First of all, I couldn't even sleep and now he expects me to wake up two hours early to get ready and leave?!

-=-

{Next morning....}

A loud shriek disrupts the peace...

Jade rushed through the stairs, almost tripping over a few steps, and headed for the kitchen. She looks around desperately, "Where's Jared?!"

Her mother, before taking a bite out of breakfast, gave her a look of confusion, "Oh honey, he left for his journey."

Jade growled as she ran her hands through her messed up hair in frustration, "I was so wrong! He expects me to wake up late so I can miss this opportunity!" Haru walked half-asleep after her and yawned loudly.

"You could just catch up with him." her mom stated, "He's probably on his way to Violet Ci-" before she could finish her sentence Jade went back up to her room and miraculously came down with a change set of clothes and her bag.

As soon as she made her way to the door, "Hey! Don't you want breakfast?!"

"No thanks, mom! Gotta catch up to Jared!"

"Quil! Quil!" Haru hopped on top of Jade's head, now fully awake. Her mother then handed over a small device, "You're going to need this."

Jade looked at it in confusion as she flipped it open, "What is this?"

"It's called a pokegear." her mother answered, "It shows you the map of the whole region, so you won't get lost, it has my phone number on it, just in case you need anything, and it shows you the time." she, then, explained with a smile.

"Wow, they make these kinds of things?" Jade muttered to herself as she and Haru stared at the contraption in awe.

Her mother narrowed her eyes, "Don't lose it! It cost me a lot to order it specially from Kanto."

"Of course." Jade chuckled nervously, "Well I'll be going then! Jared is getting farther away now."

"I'll call him to wait for you in Cherrygrove!"

-=-

Jade sprinted past a couple of blocks with Haru hanging off of her hooded t-shirt. The sun was intensifying as it neared it's highest point in the sky.

"Cynda! Cynda! Quiiil!"

"Just hang on! I have to get to professor elm's place!"

Then suddenly a hand grabbed the strap if her bag pulling her back, "Hold it!"

"Gah!" She jerked backwards almost falling, "What the hell!"

"Quil!" Haru growled in response as well as he almost fell off.

Nathan stepped out of his yard and looked down with a puzzled face, "And where do you think you're going in such a rush this morning?"

Jade looked at him weirdly. She had never seen Nathan in his pajamas with his non-shaved facial hair.

"Nathan! I have to go! Jared is setting out on his next journey without me! And I must catch up to him!"

He then laughed uncontrollably at her expression.

"It's not funny!"

"Relax Jade! I'll go with you so your mother won't worry."

Her eyes widen, "You will?"

Nathan nodded, "Yeah," then he looked at his attire, "Just give me a few minutes, then we can head to the lab first." and with that Nathan rushed inside to his house

Jade wore a huge smile and with a fist in the air, she was excited to finally spread her wings.