Status: comment - feedback is appreciated :)

Unexpected

Silence

The house was enormous.

And definitely not what he would have asked for if he'd had a choice.

But it was all he was going to get.

The tall, brown-haired man opened the creaking gate to drive his old car through into the dreary grounds of the very much rotten house.

Even though it had legally been his for years, he had never even entered it. There was something eerie about it.

But now, with all his money gone along with his house, this was the only place he could go.

A shiver crawled down his spine as he drove into the driveway. Instinctively he got out and shut the gate. The drive to the house itself was long up the steep driveway, but when he reached his destination he was fearful to enter.

There was just something about it that made him shudder in fear.

His heart in his throat, he slipped the rusty key into it's lock and opened the creaking door cautiously. 

Silence.

He convinced himself that it was fine and walked across the dusty floorboards to put his bags down.

He was frightened. It was getting dark.

Like a scared schoolboy, he searched for a light switch, but to his dismay there was none. Only candles on chairs or tables. He frantically searched for his cigarette lighter and lit one. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a blurr of white ascend the stairs.

Now he was frightened.

And yet, the figure was beautiful, mysterious, sad.

It made him want to follow it.

Reaching for the candle, he moved towards the staircase.

Still mortified, he followed what he had seen, wanting to know what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment, subscribe

XxHannahxX