Status: Complete

Will You Fall For Me?

Are you an angel?

When you think about angels, you probably think that you can't see them. That they wear white gowns and have gold wings. That they're there to look over you and protect you, well, that's true if you're that kind of angel. I, on the other hand am not that kind of angel. I take people's souls back to heaven, or back to hell. Which ever place god wants them to go.

People can see me, only if I want them too though. If I don't, then I'm invisible. They can't feel me, they can't hear me, they have no clue I'm there. I sighed as I sat in the large, mint green hospital chair. I was bored, this person needed to hurry up and die already. I know it sounds mean but when you've been doing this for the past 300 years it gets boring having to wait.

He was 78, a man by the name of Henry Smith. He's had a good life, met a woman when he was 17 and is still with her to this very day. His family surrounds me, his two daughters and three sons, and of course his wife. They can't see me though, they don't know I'm here. Henry can see me though, he's looking right at me.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"Henry? What are you on about?" His wife asks, looking over at me. Still not being able to see me.

"I'm here to take you to heaven." I smiled back at him.

"Heaven?" He asks weakly. His frail body lay in the bed, his arms by his side. His family standing over him now he was speaking to me.

"Dad, who are you talking to?" His son, Andrew asked.

"There's a girl.. There." Henry said as he lifted his shaking hand up, pointing at me. His whole family looked my way, confused as to what was going on.

"Dad there's no one there." His daughter sighed, wiping a tear from her cheek.

"They can't see me." I said as I rose to my feet, slowly making my way to him.

"How long?" He whipsered from weakness, staring right in to my eyes.

"37 seconds. Say goodbye, Henry." I smiled as I placed my hand on his head. Angel's may be invisible, unable to touch, or feel but we still have emotions. Sometimes I did feel really bad doing this, but this was my destiny.

"I love, love you.. Elaine." He whispered to his wife, then looking over at his 5, middle aged children who was stood at the bottom of his bed.

"No Henry don't say that, you're not going to die!" She wimpered.

"Take care of your mother, I love you all. I'm very.. very proud." He whispered again, this time unable to say no more words as his eyes closed. I smiled sadly and looked to my left.

"Are you an angel?" He asked, his spirit standing next to me.

"Yep! You ready to go?" I asked as I turned away from his bed.

"Sure." He smiled as he turned also. We left the room, walking down the long, dark, empty hospital ward.

"So, what was the best thing about your life?" I asked as we carried on walking.

"Just being alive." He smiled.