Status: Complete

Will You Fall For Me?

Uncle Luke!

"Uncle Luke!" My great niece Lily screached as she ran over to me. I smiled and picked her up, resting her on my lap as I sat in the dark brown arm chair.

"Hello Lily." I smiled at her as she wrapped her small arms around my neck, giving me a hug.

"Hi Luke." Jack smiled as he slowly walked in, walking stick in hand.

"I haven't seen you in years." I replied, watching Jack slowly take a seat on the dark brown sofa in the corner of the room.

"You never want to see anyone." He sighed, setting his walking stick against the arm of the sofa.

"You want to see me right though uncle Luke?" Lily asked, looking up at me with her large brown eyes.

"Of course I do." I chuckled slightly.

"Why didn't you have any kids uncle Luke?" Lily asked, resting her head against my chest. I smiled slightly at her constant use of 'uncle Luke.' I was her great uncle.

"I never found anyone I wanted to have them with." I sighed, oh how I was lying.

"That's sad." She pouted as she looked up at me.

"Lily, come get some dinner!" I heard Jennifer, Jack's daughter shout from the kitchen. Lily jumped off my lap, her feet landing on the floor with a thud as she ran out of the room. I chuckled at her enthusiasm for food.

"So, how have you been?" Jack asked as he looked over at me. Jack was two years older than me but as we grew older he'd began to look younger than me. I guess excluding myself from the world has aged me quite a bit.

"Alright. You?" I sighed.

"I've been good." He nodded. Whenever I saw Jack it was almost awkward, I knew he wanted to talk to me about Naya. Danny had told him about her, but Danny didn't know much about her either.

"Good." I replied, looking down at my hands. I didn't want to see anyone, I didn't know what to say to people anymore. For the past 10 years I've pretty much ignored everyone, I just wanted to be alone. If I couldn't be with Naya then I didn't want to be with anybody.

"You must've really loved her." Jack whispered, I looked up at him and frowned.

"I've never met anyone like her." I sighed, knowing tears could soon be escaping from my eyes. I wasn't lying when I said that, I was telling the up most truth. She was everything I'd ever wanted and more, she was beautiful and she was mine. Not for long, but at some point in my life she was mine. She was all mine.

"Come sit next to me." Jack said, patting the cushion next to him. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Jack, he's my best friend. He always has been. I nodded and stood up, using the arm rests for support. I slowly walked over, sitting down next to Jack.

"I know we're both old, but I'm still here for you. You're my brother." Jack said as he put his arm around my shoulders.

"I know." I sighed.

"Tell me about her." Jack said as he removed his arm from my shoulder and setting it back down on his lap. I looked over at him and frowned, I didn't really know what to say.

"She was my life, Jack. I loved her more than I thought was possible. Every time I dated someone new, they didn't match up to her. Not even in the slightest. I tried to forget about her, so many times but I couldn't. Because everytime I tried, something reminded me of her. Reminded me how for that short time I had everything, and now I have nothing, Jack. I can't bear to look out of the window at sunrise because she's not there by my side. And before I knew it, I'm 56 and she's still not here. 36 years later and I still love her the same as I did when I was 20. 36 long, long years, Jack." I sighed, tears forming in my eyes. I looked over at Jack who seemed shaken, sad for me.

"What happened to her?" He asked, tears evident in his eyes.

"I don't know. The last time I saw her was when I was in that avalanch." I sighed.

"I remember you saying her name but she wasn't there though, you know that Luke?" He replied.

"She was. She saved my life, Jack."