Status: Complete

Will You Fall For Me?

I'm still here

I sat on the edge of the building, just watching the birds fly by. I was high up, to say the least. There wasn't any noise, it was so, so peaceful up here. The sun was setting, my favourit time of the day. It's been 36 years, 36 years since I've seen Luke. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the longest 36 years of my life. There wasn't a day that passed where I hadn't thought about Luke and today was no exeption either.

I remember the last time I saw him, on that mountain. Both his legs, broken completely. The snow that surrounded him was red, pure red from all the blood that he had lost. I remember going to see Lucifer and begging him, begging him not to take Luke's life and to take mine instead. Instead, he gave me an even worser punishment. He forbid me to see Luke until the day he finally died. And so here I am, still doing the same old thing I was back then, this time only wishing I'd see Luke's name flash before my eyes.

He was 56 now, I didn't know what he was doing. I didn't know if he'd gotten married or had kids. I didn't know anything, all I knew is that he was still alive. So, I'm gonna keep on waiting for him, waiting for the day I get to see that beautiful smile again. I'd thought about falling and then killing myself after, but it would be no use. It still wouldn't lead me to him. So, I'm still here. Still alone. Still dead.