Status: Complete

Will You Fall For Me?

Waiting for people to die is so boring

"Don't you ever get so unbelivably bored waiting for people to die?" I asked my friend Thomas, who sat next to me in another hospital chair.

"Sometimes, I like seeing how upset people get though." He chuckled slightly. I looked over at the small, 9 year old girl who lay in the hospital bed. She had lukemia and she was going to die. Her parents were here and her older brother, they were all really upset which did upset me aswell. God, I have the worst job.

"I always have to take the little kids." I pouted.

"Ha, it's because they're not scared of you. Imagine I told them they were going to heaven, they'd fuckin' shit themselves." We both laughed at that comment, it was true. Thomas was 6 ft 6, black and just generally a scary person.

"Well, I gotta go. Got a 34 year old man about to die. See you at sunrise." He said as he stood up, I nodded and watched as he walked out of the small, dimly lighted room. I sat there, waiting for what felt like hours until the little girl died. Cassie Rineheart. She was a sweet girl.

"Hello, I'm Cassie." She smiled as she stood before me. I smiled back and stood up from the chair I was occupying.

"I'm Nevaeh. You ready to go?" I asked as I held my hand out for her.

"Okay. Where are we going?" She asked as her small, soft hand wrapped around mine.

"Heaven." I smiled down at her as we walked slowly out of the room.

"What's it like there?" She asked, holding her small teddy bear in her left hand.

"It's really fun, there's loads of other kids to play with." I smiled again as we walked down the small corridor.

"Naya!" I heard Thomas' voice behind me, I turned my head and watched as he made his way over.

"What's up?" I asked, still holding the little girls hand.

"Ryan took my dude, man. Want me to take her?" He asked, quickly looking at the girl then back at me.

"Yeah alright. Do you wanna go with Thomas?" I asked as I knelt down in front of her.

"He scares me." She whispered.

"Haha, he scares everyone. Do you wanna know a secret?" I asked, whispering in to her ear.

"He's probably more scared of you." I whispered which made her giggle.

"Okay, I'll go with him." She smiled, walking over to Thomas and gripping his large hand.

"See you later dude." I smiled as they walked away, down the long, dark hallway. I was just about to leave until that familiar feeling washed over me. I sighed, knowing it was another death I should take care of. Everything went black for a moment, seeing the details of the person, and their location. This hospital? At least I didn't have to travel far. Not that I mind it, I don't get tired. I slowly walked around the hospital, following the signs for the brain injury ward. I finally found it and walked slowly through the small ward, looking in to each room to see who was about, just out of noseyness really.

I stopped at the right door, opening it slowly and setting eyes upon a boy, probably aged about 21 or so. His head was thickly wrapped in bandages, the colour of his face was drained. There were 4 other boys surrounding him in different seats around the room, they all looked about the same age. I walked over to the end of his bed, picking up the clip board. This boy was called Kevin Pearce.