Status: Complete

Will You Fall For Me?

Do you have some sort of like.. burn proof skin?

I sat in some park in Truckee, watching Luke play with his dog. It'd been a week since I saw him, I wouldn't say I was stalking him but I followed him home, followed him here aswell. I walked behind the tree, making myself seen again and walked out towards him.

"Hey." I smiled as I walked up to him, his dog instantly taking dislike to me and running behind Luke, growling at me.

"Oh, hey." He smiled widely. Oh. My. God. His smile was beautiful.

"You found me." He said as he carried on smiling, squinting his eyes from the blaring sun.

"I told you." I smiled, looking down at his large, brown laborator who was still growling at me.

"Layla what's wrong?" He said as he fussed her.

"Dog's hate me." I shrugged.

"I can tell." He laughed. "What's your name, by the way?" He asked, standing up straight.

"Naya. You?" I replied.

"Luke. You got a nice name." He smiled, crouching down to fuss his dog who had stopped growling but was still staring at me.

"Thanks. How is your friend?" I asked.

"He's doing alright, he woke up a couple of days ago. They said he's gonna be fine. Just like you said." He laughed slightly.

"You wanna go get some coffee?" He asked, looking up at me.

"Erm, sure." I replied. We walked the short three blocks to a Starbucks, I wasn't going to have anything though, I didn't eat or drink. I didn't need to.

"What do you want?" He asked as we reached the counter, his dog still by his side. Since when did they allow dogs in to places like this?

"Oh, nothing. I don't drink coffee." I smiled.

"Do you wanna go somewhere else?" He asked.

"Oh, nah I'm fine. Get some coffee." I replied, he nodded and ordered his drink. We sat down in a small booth once his drink had arrived, it was cute in here. The lights weren't so bright, there was a lot of natural light in here.

"What does it taste like?" I asked after he'd taken a sip.

"What? You've never had coffee?" He laughed.

"Nah, I can't drink it." I replied.

"Oh, erm. I can't really describe it. It just tastes like coffee. Smell it." He said as he pushed the mug forward.

"I can't smell." I said as I wrinkled my nose up slightly.

"Really? Why not?" He asked, tilting his head to the side.

"I dunno, I was born with it I guess." I shrugged as I turned my gaze to the window on our left.

"That sucks." He said, I laughed slightly.

"Eh, it's alright." I said as I looked at his dog who was cowering under the table next to Luke's feet.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" A man almost shouted, I looked up at him quickly as he patted my arm with kitchen towels. There was a lot of steam coming from my wet jacket, it must have been a really hot drink.

"It's fine." I smiled, taking my jacket off and placing it down next to me.

"What? That coffee was like.. boiling hot though." The man said, shocked as he stood up staight.

"It's fine, trust me." I smiled back at him, he nodded his head slowly and began to walk away. I looked back over at Luke who had a 'what the fuck' kind of look on his face.

"Do you have some like.. burn proof skin?" He asked as he grabbed my pale arm and lifting it over the table.

"No, it just wasn't hot." I laughed slightly, putting my arm back on my lap. It was silent for a moment until I heard him think.

"God she is so beautiful." He thought, I looked up to see him smirking at me.

"Thanks, Luke." I smiled.

"Huh?" He asked, his face now showing a more confused expression.

"You said I was beautiful." I replied, just as that familiar feeling washed over me again. I shivered a little and stood up.

"I have to go." I said, turning myself towards the exit.

"Wait! Where you going?" He asked as he rushed to my side, his dog following.

"Work. I'll see you around, Luke." I smiled.