Welcome To Battery City, Killjoy

Where Are We, Anyways?

The wind was whipping up dust, sand, and dirt in my face. I tried covering my nose and mouth with my bandana, yet somehow it still got through. My eyes nose and mouth were stinging I couldn't take it anymore. Throwing down my backpack I slumped down to the ground by the edge of the long never ending road. The wind died down and I coughed the dust from my lungs. I squint and gaze around. There are phone lines opposite the road and hills not too far up ahead. Where the hell am I?

Standing up I grab the nearest rock, toss it around in my hand a little, then chuck it as far as I possibly can. "I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF FUCKING NOWHERE!" I scream to the air, frustrated at the situation.

I rummage through my bag looking for something useful. My phone. I'm such a dumbass. Sliding it open I ponder who to call. Who could I call? I bet there's no service anyway, despite the phone lines. I sigh and call my friend Nuclear Damsel anyway. She'll help me.

The phone rings twice before she picks up. "Hello?" A familiar chirpy voice tones through the cell.

"Hi! Nuclear. You have no idea how glad I am you answered. I'm a little lost a-"

"Speak no further! I've gotcha covered! Where are ya? I'll come pick you up." She seemed more than delighted to help. Which I love her for. She is there for anyone and everyone who needs her. Which is also a little dangerous in our world.

"Uhh." I ran my fingers through my dirty black hair. "I'm pretty sure I'm halfway into Zone 4 on the East."

"Good that's close by me!"

"But wait, I'll keep walking I think there's something over this hill. Keep your pants on and I'll call you back."

"Okay. Be careful!" Nuke warned.

I chuckled "Always am. Don't worry. We'd better get off the phone though." Killjoys usually don't use our cell phones because B.L.Ind sometimes tracks our calls and we certainly do not text unless it's to lead them away from us.

"Ok! BYE!"

I take a deep breath as I throw my bag on my back and start jogging over the hill, hand on my raygun.

As I approach the top of the hill I begin to duck behind large rocks and crouch while I'm walking. My purple ray gun held at arms length. It's sounds like a bad horror or action movie, as if I'm going to be attacked at any time. But it's reality for us. One mistake, a split second, less than a snap of a finger. We could be dead, gone, hostages.

After I make the all clear I sprint over the hill and come upon an empty (or so I think) gas station. As I got closer I noticed it was an old 7-11 and it was boarded up and covered with paintings and grafitti. Many killjoys love art and like to make their mark. I observe the outside of the building dragging my fingers along the wall. There were flyers posted all around. Many of them were for Mad Gear and Missile Kid. I smiled at that.

Inhaling and closing my eyes I enter through the loose board at the front door. I instinctively shoot my gun, frightened at what I saw. Before I realized that what I saw was actually dead. It was hanging from the ceiling by a rope, swinging back and forth from my laser shot. I walk circles around it. Checking it out then I hear footsteps and a voice behind me.

"I see you like my little piece of art." The voice said, proud. It was obviously a girl.

"Draculoid." I replied to the voice simply. Turning slowly on my heels to see who it was talking to me, finger on the trigger of my gun.

"Yeah" She smirks. "Kind of like my little scarecrow. Keeping the B.L.Ind assholes from here." She was short, with choppy brown hair that hung over her left eye. From the looks of it she was mexican. She wore a neon tutu with black and orange tights underneath and black converse that sported an anarchy logo. A baggy Grateful Dead tee on top with many handmade bracelets. A bow in her dirty hair.

"I'm Brain Stew, but you can call me BS" We laughed. "...and you are?" she asked, reaching her hand out for me to shake. I pocketed my gun and shook her hand.

"I don't have a name. Many know me as the 'mystery killjoy' or the 'unnamed'"

"Really? Well nice to meet you."

"You too. Well, I have a friend coming to get me so, where are we exactly?"

BS looked at me and raised her eyebrow. An evil gleam in her eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nuclear Damsel is a girl that I met on the "lurkers of the MCRmy" facebook fanpage.

Brain Stew is my friend Alexis. I'm unsure what her Mibba name is...? I gave her her killjoy name while finding my other friend's and ATTEMPTING to find mine. I thought of Green Day and her burning passion for that song and WaaLaa Alexis is Bran Stew :D

This was short again D':
Leave a Comment :D