Status: Kind of just something I thought up.... Hope you like it!!

Sweet Perfection

Shady Characters

Dani's POV

I'm not nervous being with Chris anymore. He's just a normal person, after all. He's really cool, too. I've learned a lot about him over the course of the evening. Most of which I selfishly will not share with the rest of the world. I love the feeling of sharing my thoughts with him. And he doesn't seem to matter much that i ask questions. He also seems genuinely interested in learning about me. It kind of makes my heart flutter knowing that he cares.

"you know, of all the people I know," I say as we sit to eat, "you're the only one I feel comfortable telling anything to."

He smiles at me and says simply, "I'm glad."

After we finish eating he asks me what else I'd like to do. "let's go to central park!" I say excitedly. "it's not far from here, and I probably won't get us lost this time."

He agrees and we start walking side by side. It's dark, being nearly eleven thirty, though neither of us really notices. We're talking as we walk and not really paying attention, except to where we're going. Suddenly a group of dangerous-looking people walk up to us. We stop, and I grab chris's arm, slightly afraid. He wraps it around me protectively.

One of the people in the group recognizes Chris though, and suddenly they dont look so scary. They all ask him questions like 'what are you doing walking around this late?' and 'who's the chic?' and 'can I have your autograph?'.

I smile as Chris talks to the people, staying close to his side. When a girl asks about me, I say with finality, "I'm just a friend."

A weird look crosses his face, but vanishes quickly as he agrees with me. We say good-bye to the crowd and continue on our way, oddly quiet.

"so, umm..." I say awkwardly. Why is this so awkward? I think, frustrated with myself and this whole situation. We were getting along fine before we met those dudes. What the hell happened!

Oh no! I think suddenly. Did I say something to anger him?

But the thought is washed away when he takes my hand as we enter central park and he pulls me foreward suddenly. There's music up ahead. It's another street performer, playing his guitar under a streetlight. Chris asks to borrow the guitar and the guy passes it to him. I stand to the side, watching the exchange curiously.

He turns to me with the guitar and smiles. I regard him cautiously. He strums the guitar; its an old model Gibson. Unsure of his intentions, I stand, rooted to the ground. The tune changes slightly. I don't recognize it, but it's pretty. I smile and sway to the music as he starts to sing.
♠ ♠ ♠
still short chapters? yes. i probably won't post again for a while, iv had this far saved on my pc, but il post again when i think up the next part.. =]
subscribe/comment/rate!
-Aidan-