Status: Kind of just something I thought up.... Hope you like it!!

Sweet Perfection

The Song

Chris's POV

I sing a song that I've been working on since I met her in the bookstore, expressing my feelings for her through my music. Nobody has heard it yet, not even my band-mates. Dani is the first, and I'm glad. I silently pray that she likes it.

(AUTHOR'S NOTE: the lyrics were adjusted slightly to better fit the scenario. Please do not flip out because they aren't perfectly matched to the original.)

'tonight was a killer,
was a thriller,
was a damn good time.
I met a pretty girl and I wanted to make her mine.
So I took her for a walk and damn that girl could talk.
We talked about all the pretty things
And all the shitty things
And all the little things that fall... between.'

She blushes, laughing and bobbing her head to the beat.

'and oh, pretty girl,
I know that I just met you,
But I might just dare to say,
That I love you.
And oh, sweet perfection,
Won't you hear my one confession?
I've been lost,
But dear, i'm found.

'I've been lookin' for a girl that's just like you.
You got words to say but no point to prove.
You got me, is that enough for you?
Cause girl, I got you.
I've been looking for a heart that's so complete.
So satisfied with the little things.
I got you and that's enough for me.
So girl can't you see
That you and me
Could be so free
And live happy?
So take my hand and let's run.

'and oh pretty girl,
I know that I just met you
But I just might dare to say,
That I love you.
And oh, sweet perfection,
Won't you hear my one confession?
I've been lost
But dear I'm found.
Dear I'm found.'

I look at her, waiting for a reaction as I finish the song. She's staring at me, dumbfounded.

"do you like it?" I ask, unsure of myself. Please say yes, I beg silently.

She doesn't say anything.

She just nods slowly, smiling and blushing. I smile back at her, give the guy his guitar back, and i take Dani's hand. She blushed deeper, but doesn't pull away. We walk farther into central park, talking casually. Suddenly, she pulls me off the path toward a patch of trees. They're mostly oaks, but I notice five weeping willows in the middle of the patch, making a small hidden grove.

Dani parts some branches and we enter the cove. One side of it is opened to a lake, the stars shining brightly above it. She smiles silently and we sit on the dirt ground, looking out at the lake. There's quiet sloshing as little waves crash on the shore. Dani and I sit close, just barely touching, other than our hands, which are still intertwined.

She looks at me, then rests her head on my shoulder. I let go of her hand to wrap my arm around her shoulders and she scoots closer. We huddle together on the bank, talking quietly, as though afraid the trees might overhear.

Suddenly she pulls away, her eyes swimming with tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
So um, this one is a bit longer only because of the song lyrics.. if you havn't heard the song before, i suggest you check it out(Chris is pretty amazing, as is this song). So, um, yeah. thats all. <3
-Aidan-