What Kind of Person Are You?

Vanessa Hudgens

What kind of person are you?

(That's the only question.)

Vanessa's bright and pretty, with a butterfly tattoo on her neck and a hint of a laugh in her voice whenever she speaks. I like her for a reason I can't quite place, and she tells me I interviewed her boyfriend earlier this week before she gets down to business.

"A few years ago, I was walking around the downtown area where I'm from. You know, just out shopping, ready to have some fun. Maybe get a milkshake or something.

"And I see this little old lady--she couldn't have been more than five-feet tall, and she was slightly hunched over, besides--standing at a corner getting ready to cross the street. She had this metal basket thing on wheels, the kind of thing you'd put groceries in to take home with you. It had her purse in it, but other than that, it was empty.

"So, I see her, and I'm thinking, 'I hope she makes it across the street okay.' But I was too worried to just let it go, you know?

"So I hurried over to her and asked her if she wanted me to cross the street with her. She said yes, and held onto my arm while we crossed. And I'm not much over five-feet, or anything, but I was definitely more visible than she was.

"We got across safely, and she thanked me, and we went our separate ways.

"I'd say that's the kind of person I am."