Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Funny Story

Sunday went by, and Arianna hadn’t heard a word from Patrick all day. And she was fine with that, absolutely fine, she kept reminding herself. Those knots and nerves she felt in her stomach? Those were just enhanced by the alcohol she had drunk. The way she melted when he smiled? She was sure she was over-reacting. As far as she was concerned, she did not have any feelings for Patrick Kane. He was merely an acquaintance who had showed her a nice time in Chicago. Now it was time for her to go back to her life in Toronto and leave this as nothing more than a great memory.

Marissa wasn’t buying any of her positive upbeat attitudes. She knew her best friend better than she knew herself. She could see how hard Arianna had start to fall for Patrick, even if she didn’t want to admit it. Yet she didn’t mention it, she just let her do her thing knowing that bringing it up wouldn’t do either of them any good.

They spent the day with Lisa and Michelle, doing some last minute shopping, and going out to one of the nicest restaurants in town for supper. Arianna was really enjoying herself; she loved being with these girls. Yet she couldn’t help the hope that would inflate in her every time she saw a blonde hair boy. She shook it off, taking bigger sips of wine every time that thought entered her mind.

By the end of the supper, it was 9 o’clock and Arianna and Marissa decided it was time to call it a night. As sad as they were to have to end their last night in Chicago early, they needed to pack since they had an early flight the next day. Lisa scolded them as her and Michelle dropped them off, telling them they should have packed earlier like she had done so they could have enjoyed the night more. They said their goodbyes as they reached the hotel, coordinating their watches for tomorrow’s flight.

“I love this city” Marissa exhaled as she plopped herself across her double bed in the hotel room. “I know” Arianna said as she changed out of her leggings and shirt into black American apparel short shorts and a fitted white tank top. “I don’t want to leave” Marissa whined, as she rolled over in bed, sticking her head under her pillow. Arianna laughed and reached over, grabbing the pillow. “You’re just lazy because you don’t want to pack” she said as she hit her friend lightly over the head with the pillow. “Come on, let’s get to work,” she continued as she threw her hair in a high ponytail and began to pack.

An hour later and the girls had finally finished packing, leaving a few things unpacked as their change of clothing for tomorrow. “I’m starving” Marissa called out, as she pulled out the room service menu. “We just ate” Arianna laughed as she watched her friend study the menu. “Those things don’t seem to faze me” Marissa replied as she continued to look through the menu.

Arianna laughed at her best friend, rolling over in bed to reach for the TV remote. Suddenly her phone vibrated, causing her to sigh and reach over to grab it at the other end of the bed. She expected it to be her mom, but was surprised to see who it was instead.

So how’s your packing coming along?

She studied the message carefully, different emotions running through her at once. She was instantly happy to see his name appear on her phone but angry with herself for caring so much. She had been doing well at forgetting about him today, she didn’t need this now.

Just finished actually, thank god

She pressed send and rolled her eyes. He was probably bored and needed someone to talk to, she thought as she looked back down at her vibrating phone.

Perfect. Go downstairs to the lobby

“You ok?” Marissa asked, as she jumped from her bed to Arianna’s, once she saw her friend’s confused expression. “Please explain to me why Patrick just messaged me to go downstairs to the lobby” Arianna said as she showed her friend her screen. “How does he even know I’m in my room packing?” Arianna continued, as she got out of bed and began to pace.

“Uh…” Marissa replied, suddenly looking down at the floor. “Funny story,” she began as she looked at Arianna, “I was messaging Jon and he was asking me what we were doing so I told him”. Arianna starred at her blankly, not making the connection. “He probably told Patrick” Marissa continued, as she saw Arianna suddenly understand.

“Great, so does that mean he’s downstairs in the lobby?” Arianna questioned, suddenly growing nervous. Marissa leaned over again and starred at Arianna’s phone screen, “yup, most definitely”. They stood there in silence for a few seconds, Arianna glancing down at her clothing then back at her packed luggage.

“Well, screw this. I look ridiculous, but im not changing. So he better make this quick” she said as she began to walk towards the door. She had grown suddenly irritated with him because he wasn’t making this easy on her. Mostly though with herself for having butterflies appear again in her stomach. She knew she should change, leave him with an image to make him know what he was missing out on. But she was past the point of caring anymore; she knew it was a hopeless cause.

She suddenly stopped on her way out as her eye caught his jacket hanging off the back of a chair. “Perfect, this gives me one less thing to make the concierge do”. With that she opened the door and walked out, making her way to the elevators to go down.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments please? :) xo