Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Do You Know Who That Was?

Patrick’s POV
The line up outside the club was incredible long; thankfully they never had to wait. Being a loved hockey player in a city that lived for this sport definitely had its upsides. The guys cut to the front of the line where two big bouncers stood. “Hey guys” one of the two bouncers called as he picked up the velvet rope and shook each guy’s hand, “great game tonight”. “Thanks Ricky” Sharpie replied as he patted the bouncer on the back. They made their way through the doors, but not before Patrick threw one of his infamous smiles at some girls in the front of the line who were calling his name. “You always have to do that” Toews called to him as he began to chuckle. “Do what?” Patrick replied as a smirk played on his face. He had grown accustom to the herd of girls who were willing to throw themselves at him and he wouldn’t lie: he loved the attention. “I see Kaner will be taking some poor girl home tonight” Seabrook stated as they stood in front of the elevator that would take them up to the rooftop terrace where the club was located. “Don’t be jealous Seabs” Patrick replied, “I know you wish you had my luck with the ladies”. All the guys began to laugh as the elevator finally opened and they made their way inside. Just as the doors were about to close, Ricky the bouncer placed his hands to stop the doors. “Sorry guys, just need to let this ladies up with you”. Patrick rolled his eyes ever so slightly; he hated having to wait for people. He opened his mouth to complain to Jon when his eyes landed on the girls walking in, especially one in particular.

Arianna’s POV
“Really? Are you sure will be able to get in? The line is huge” Arianna whispered to Lisa as she swung her arm through her cousin’s. “Don’t worry, Michelle’s dad knows the owners so we never have trouble getting in”. Arianna nodded and followed the rest of the girls to the front of the line. They had finished the supper party and were now on the way to some club that took place on the roof of a city skyscraper. It had been a great night so far, and Arianna was slightly buzzed from all the wine she had drank at supper. Although all of Lisa’s friends were 5 years older, they had gotten along great with Marissa and her. She was truly enjoying herself and was excited to see what else the night would bring. “Ricky!” Michelle called out as she gave the big bouncer two kisses on each cheek. “Hi beautiful, how’s your dad?” he asked while picking up the velvet rope. Arianna noticed a group of girls at the front of the line who were swooning after a group of guys just ahead of them, especially one of the guys who wore a dark button up shirt with jeans and a baseball cap. “Great, he told me to tell you all hi” Michelle responded as she continued talking with him as he led them through the front doors and towards the lobby where the elevators were.

“Sorry guys” Ricky called as he stopped the elevator doors from closing, “ just need to let these ladies up with you”. Ricky turned and made a motion with his hands for the girls to pass him. Arianna and Marissa were at the back of the line and were ready to get in when Ricky stopped them. “Hold on, I don’t know you two girls” he said as he gave them a look-over. “They’re from out of town” Michelle responded from inside the elevator as she stepped out to explain. The elevator was silent now, as all the guys inside listened curiously at what was happening. Arianna noticed they had grown silent since the girls had stepped into their presence. “Yeah that’s fine I’ll just need to see some I.D.” Ricky replied. Marissa was quick and whipped hers out and he gave her a nod and let her threw. Arianna finally got hers out and handed it to the big bouncer, slightly nervous although she was completely of age and had nothing to worry about. “You're both from Toronto” Ricky stated as he handed the I.D back, “my mom lives there now”. Arianna smiled, “Oh really? Yeah it’s a great city, we both love it there”. Ricky nodded and let her through to join the rest of the girls. She sighed and let her head rest against the elevator walls. The guys were still being silent, except they were starring and sometimes whispering not so discreetly amongst each other. Arianna rolled her eyes, typically guys. “Seems like Ricky took a liking to you” Michelle commented as she nudged Arianna lightly. “Haha I thought I had too much to drink but clearly you’ve been sipping on something a little more than just wine” she retorted as she laughed.

The girls began to talk amongst themselves, and Arianna laughed at something one of Lisa’s friends said. Her eyes fell upon a set of bright baby blue eyes across from her in the elevator. It’s the guy all those girls were throwing themselves at, she thought as her felt a chill down her back.

The elevator ding-ed and the doors opened allowing the crisp warm air from outside to fill the space and air around them. “After you girls” the guy with the baby blue eyes and baseball cap said, never taking his eyes off of Arianna. “Real smooth Kaner,” a guy behind him laughed and all the boys began to chuckle and shake their heads.

The girls smiled and walked out ahead of them, following Michelle who led them to their VIP booth in the back. Their booth was on a slightly elevated platform that overlooked the rest of the club. There were a bunch of little VIP sections like theirs that circled the club in a rectangular shape. Each VIP section contained two separate tables and booths for either one large party or two separate parties. “Oh my God, do you know who that was?” Arianna could hear Lisa and her friends muttering and whispering excitedly amongst each other, but she tuned them out as Marissa grabbed her arm and squeezed it excitedly.