Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Trouble

Patrick was enjoying himself, the three cute blondes in front of him made sure he was having a good time. As much as he enjoyed their company though, a nagging thought lingered in his head. He wasn’t use to girls blowing him off like that, it was actually really bothering him. What bothered him more though was the fact that he couldn’t stop thinking about her smile and her laugh, the way she had a magnetic pull to her. He looked back toward her booth, a quick glance just to see if he could locate her. She’s not there, he thought as he felt his hope deflate. He returned his attention to the girls before him, figuring out which one he wanted to take home tonight. “Kaner, isn’t that the girl you were talking with before?” he could hear Sharpie whisper in his ear as his eyes followed where Sharpie’s finger pointed. He could see Arianna give a guy a smile and try to walk past him, until he grabbed her and pulled her back. She tried to shove him off but he laughed loudly as he pulled her in closer, snaking his hands around her waist.

“Why are you playing so hard to get” the guy yelled into Arianna’s ear as he began to move his hands lower down her waist. She tried to pry him off, but God he was strong and she was too tipsy to even think straight. This cannot be happening, she thought as she put her hands up to stop his face from kissing her. “Don’t be such a jerk” she said as she finally got loose and tried to move past him again. He grabbed her wrist tightly and blocked her path, “don’t be such a tease. I just want to have a good time”. She was ready to scream as she felt his hands move up her bare legs, suddenly growing angrier.

“Is there a problem here?” she heard a male voice say as she turned to see Patrick standing beside the drunken guy who was still grabbing her. “Nah dude, we’re cool” the guy slurred as he turned away from Patrick and grabbed Arianna’s face and tried to kiss her. She pushed his face away from her as he pulled her in more; suddenly she felt another arm around her waist pulling her away from the guy. She looked at Patrick standing beside her, his arm around her waist, glaring at the guy in front of them; “I wasn’t asking you”. The guy was getting angry; he clenched his hands into a fist. “This really doesn’t concern you,” he said as he took a step forward to face Patrick. Arianna could feel her body gravitate more towards Patrick, stepping in closer beside him as he kept his hand around her waist. “Patrick, its fine. Just drop it” Arianna told him as she starred at him, her hand on his chest now trying to calm him down. “Actually it does,” Patrick responded as he ignored Arianna’s comment, “this is my friend and it seems to me like she’s done talking to you. So stop acting so desperate and do yourself a favor and get the hell out of here”.

That last line was enough to send drunken guy over the edge; he pushed Patrick hard, shifting him off his balance a little. Arianna gasped, trying to steady Patrick, but he was already springing forward shoving the guy back. Arianna wasn’t sure what happened next, as it all happened so fast and became a blur. Suddenly hands appeared grabbing both Patrick and the guy away from each other. Some she recognized to be as Patrick’s friends while the others were security guards from the club. “Get him out of here” one of Patrick’s friends told the bouncer, as they watched the drunken guy start to get physical with the bouncers restraining him.

Arianna soon realized that everyone around them was starring; some even had their phones out taking pictures. “I think you guys should go,” she whispered to the guys as they turned to see what she was looking at. “Don’t worry about it, we’ve had worse press than this” one of Patrick’s friends told her, as he shot her a perfect pearly white reassuring smile. “Come on” Patrick said to her suddenly as he placed his hand on her lower back and guided her back up to the VIP section with the rest of his friends.