Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

The Pleasure Was All Mine

“Oh my God! A, are you ok?” Marissa screamed as she ran over and grabbed her best friend in a hug. “Mar, I’m fine. Breathe” Arianna assured as she realized that Patrick was still standing beside her. Marissa must have caught on to this as well as she suddenly lit up like a light bulb and gave Arianna a discreet wink and turned around to stop Lisa who was running up to check on her cousin. Arianna turned to face Patrick, who was standing beside her with his hands in his pockets. “I don’t even know where to begin,” she said as she looked at the ground. “Thank you” she continued, as she finally looked him in the eyes. She couldn’t understand why, but she had suddenly grown shy around him. He didn’t need to come and save her like that, but he had and that confused her more than she could understand why. “Its really not a problem” he asked her as he starred at her with concern, “are you ok though?”. He didn’t wait for her response; he lightly grabbed her arm and starred at her wrist, which was red and swollen slightly. “That piece of…” she cut him off, placing her hand on his arm and giving him a small smile. “I’m fine. It’s just a little bruise. It’ll be gone by tomorrow I promise” she told him. “Are you ok?” she asked him concerned, a little bit of worry appearing on her face.

He found it amazing how he went from being incredibly angry to so calm when he was around her. The minute he had seen that guy place his hands on her he wanted to rip his head off. Let alone when he pushed him that was definitely the last straw. But here he was now standing besides her, holding her arm in his hand, and he was more at ease than ever before. He starred at her face, finding it filled with concern and worry. “Yeah why wouldn’t I be?” he questioned, as he continued to find himself amazed by her. She seemed more concerned about him than her own well-being; she had compassion he rarely saw in people. “I don’t know, I mean that guy pushed you pretty hard…” she began as struggled to find the words she wanted to say, “I’d feel horrible if you got hurt over some stupid little thing that involved me”. He looked at her and smiled, pulling her into a quick hug, “stop worrying. I’m fine, I promise”.

They separated from their hug, although neither of them really wanted to if they were being honest with themselves. “Ari, we’re leaving” Marissa called as Arianna turned to see all of the girls getting their bags and jackets. She looked back at Patrick, who stood before her with his hands back in his pockets. “Thank you again” she began as she laughed a little, “I somehow always end up back in debt to you”. He laughed along with her, giving her a knowing look, “I guess that means you’ll just have to keep making it up to me”. She raised her eyebrow at him, “oh im sure you’d love that” she joked as she touched his arm, “thank you again for tonight. I really appreciate it all”. She began to walk away until she heard him call her name, causing her to turn back to him.

“I know how you can make it up to me” he said as he took a step towards her, filling the space between them. She could feel her heart beat faster the closer her body was to his, her breath quickening slightly. She knew what was coming next, the classic move guys like him would make; they’d try to take her home. Yet she prayed a little that he wouldn’t be the typical stereotype she had made him out to be. A twist of events had done a good job of proving her wrong so far, she’d hate for him to ruin it now. Would she ever see him again? Probably not. Guys like him weren’t big on follow-ups from random encounters in clubs like this. As far as she was concerned, this was a once in a lifetime meeting. Yet she couldn’t help the way she felt, like a 14-year-old girl with her first crush, and that made her worry. She held her breath, waiting for whatever he was about to say. Do it, she thought, say it so I can just forget you.

Patrick tried to short through all the ideas running through his head. He had the words at the tip of his tongue; he knew it would be so simple to get her to go home with him. But something kept stopping him; this wasn’t what he really wanted. He didn’t just want a one-night stand with this girl, which confused him. Don’t mess this up, he thought as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. Usually this was the point during his nights out where he would take his conquests back home and have his fun. But nothing about tonight was like his average night out. And she definitely didn’t fit the mold of the kind of girl he usually took home; those girls didn’t even wait for an invitation.

“I want to see you again,” he said slowly, almost as if he were calculating his every step. “Please let me take you out for lunch tomorrow. I have practice in the morning but I should be done by 11. I can pass by wherever you’re staying and pick you up” he told her as he gave her one of his charming smiles. She felt her heartbeat quicken as she saw his smile. She was so confused, but pleasantly surprised, that this was what he wanted to ask her. “I don’t know” she began, her head telling her to walk away. “It’s the least you could do” he responded, “I did get hit after all defending your honor”. She couldn’t contain her laughter at his comment, “You really know how to work this guilt card don’t you?”. He shrugged his shoulders and tried to look apologetic, although it was clear he felt victorious. “Ok” she responded, knowing perfectly well she just dug herself into a deeper hole. “Great” he smiled brightly, as he took out his phone, “what’s your number?”. She all of a sudden had a horrible thought. What if he doesn’t message me or call, she thought, as she got angry with herself for caring. She sighed as she took it out of his hands and typed her number in quickly. She handed his phone back to him, “it was nice to meet you Patrick,” she said as she began to walk away. The pleasure was all mine, he thought as he watched her go.