Sequel: Ready or Not
Status: This is my first story! Hope you all enjoy it!

Whatever It Takes

Sorry, Who Is This?

Arianna spent most of the night tossing and turning. When she finally managed to get herself to sleep, she kept dreaming about her encounter with Patrick. Finally morning came and she sprung out of bed, hitting play on her iPod that sat in the iHome system that was in the hotel room. “Well isn’t someone little miss sunshine this morning” Marissa mumbled as she shoved her pillow above her head as she lay in the bed beside Arianna’s. “I need to take a shower” was all that Arianna responded as she made her way to the washroom. She quickly unchanged and jumped into the shower, turning up the hot water. She felt the pressure and warmth of the water against her back and let herself relax. It surprised her how much last night impacted her; how he was affecting her. She had only been this caught up in a guy in such a short amount of time with only one other person before. You’re crazy, she said to herself, you do not like him. You don’t even know him. It’s probably all just an act.

When she emerged from the shower a while later, she found Marissa sitting up in bed eating room service. “Good morning” she said brightly as she smiled big and took a bite of her pancakes and strawberries. “What a difference food makes in your mood” Arianna joked as she joined Marissa on her bed and took a bite of her food. “So can we please talk about last night? I was pretty gone towards the end and I feel like the things I saw were so impossible that I must have been making them up” Marissa said not-so-innocently as she took a sip of juice. “Like what?” Arianna asked, trying to avoid making eye contact with Marissa. “Like you putting your number into Patrick Kane’s phone, or the fact that he hugged you, or maybe it was when he invited you out for lunch” Marissa replied as she gave her friend a knowing look. Arianna sighed; obviously Marissa didn’t miss one piece of action, even if she was drunk.

“Honestly, I don’t even know what to say” she responded to her friend as she lay back in bed. “I thought from the moment I saw him he was one of those typical jerks who thinks they are god’s gift to women, it was the kind of attitude he was giving off. And then we started speaking and he seemed nice which caught me off guard. Fast-forward to me finding out he’s a hockey player, which right there told me he’s off limits, because after all my experiences, dating an athlete of any kind is a big no-no. And can I just ask, was I the only one in the club who didn’t know he was? Anyways then, just when I think I have made myself completely forget him and I’ve brushed it off, he comes and saves my ass just making me that much more attracted to him.” she finished as she took a deep breath.

Marissa starred at her with a blank expression, until she broke out in a smile, “you said you’re attracted to him!”. “Is that seriously the only thing you got from my little speech” Arianna asked as she laughed at her best friend’s selective hearing. “Look all im saying is, don’t look at this so negatively. He seemed nice and he’s hot” Marissa explained. “Truth is Mar, yes I gave him my number and I agreed to this lunch event. But lets be honest, its not happening. He won’t call me or message me, and im fine with that. I established that with myself yesterday when I gave him my number. I wish I had more self-control like I thought I did and told him no, but I caved and gave it to him. I can bet my life on it though that I will never hear from him again and I am fine with that,” Arianna said as she sat back up and ate more food. Marissa opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by the sound of Arianna’s phone ringing.

Both girls’ heads shot in the direction of the night table, where her phone lay. “Probably my mom” Arianna said as she leaned over Marissa and grabbed her phone, looking down at the screen. Fuck my life, she thought as she saw an unknown number appear above the text message. She unlocked her phone and opened her messages, feeling nauseous in the process.

Sorry I haven’t had a chance to message you sooner, been busy at practice. But I’m looking forward to our lunch date you owe me :)

Arianna didn’t speak; she just showed her phone screen to Marissa who let out a tiny scream. “Answer!” she yelled at her, as she turned the phone back around to face Arianna. “And say what?” she cried back, suddenly growing nervous. Calm yourself, she thought as she took a breath and thought about this logically. She was skeptical about this lunch. He seemed nice enough last night, but she had been a little tipsy.

Sorry who is this?

She pressed send and laughed a little; he probably wasn’t expecting that. Good, a little damage to his ego wouldn’t hurt anyone. Within a minute, she heard her phone ring again.

Ouch, that hurts. It’s the guy who saved your ass last night. Don’t act like you don’t remember me. We all know im unforgettable

She shook her head and smiled a little at his message. He was pretty confident with himself that she had to give him. She began to type her response, not too quickly though. She didn’t want to seem eager.

I think we all know that’s what you love to think lol are you sure you’re still up for lunch though? Its ok if you’re busy, I understand

“Why did you say that?” Marissa asked her angrily as she peered over her shoulder. “I’m giving him a chance to back out, in case he felt like he didn’t have a choice,” Arianna explained, as she phone rang again.

If this is your way of trying to get out of our date that you owe me, its not happening. Where are you staying? I’ll come get you

“I’m liking him already” Marissa said as she laughed when she read his message. Arianna shot her a look, and began to respond.

It’s fine I’ll just meet you there. Where are we going and what time?

“Why the hell are you being so difficult?” Marissa asked her, getting frustrated with her best friend. “How am I being difficult? I just don’t want him to keep doing favors for me” Arianna replied.

Don’t even try and argue with me, im picking you up. If you want us to be even, this date is going my way. Now where are you staying?

Arianna sighed; he was very persistent. There was no way she was getting out of this now.

Hyatt hotel on magnificent mile. What time should I be ready for?

Marissa jumped out of bed, “we need to find you an outfit”. She began to rummage through their luggages, pulling out what she deemed to be appropriate “lunch date” material. Arianna rolled her eyes; there was no way she was going to make such a fuss over a little thing like this. She wouldn’t let herself.

Now was that so hard? lol Probably around 11:30. I’ll message you again when im outside. Can’t wait to see you

Arianna’s heart began to beat faster. Her fingers began to type a response, but she barley noticed.

I know you cant :)

She pressed send and let her eyes fall back to his last message. Can’t wait to see you. Her eyes reread those last 5 words countless times. Ok, maybe she would put a little effort into her outfit.