Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Let Me Go Back To Sleep

"I think we should go now." I said, this time not in a scared tone, like the times before, but in a stern one. Zachary finally got the hint that I didn't like sneaking around in someone else's yard.

"Just go wait in the jeep, please. I can't go yet, I promised Adeline that I'd find it." He said, matching my tone. I sighed and grabbed the keys from his right hand, from which they were dangling from. They made a jingle, like chimes, which triggered the dog on the right side of the house we were snooping around to start barking. Zachary gave me a warning glare.

"Sorry" I whispered under my breath and walked toward the jeep as quietly as I could.

Once I was in, the cold night breeze was gone and I was able to breath through my mouth again, glad that the cold from the outside couldn't cause me to get a sore throat. I sighed, glad to be in the comfort of Zachary's jeep. I let the warmth of the seat radiate around me, to make me feel safe, to make the paranoia of getting caught in someone else's yard drift away. I looked back to the house to see where Zachary was. He was now crawling on all fours in front of the little garden that was in full bloom; yellow roses, daises, tulip's...

One of the lights on the second floor of the house had now switched on. Before I could go and get Zachary, he was already running toward the jeep. He jumped in and was nearly out of breath trying to compose himself and put his seat belt on. I wanted to yell at him to hurry up and drive, but I'm pretty sure that would just cause more problems. He finally got the seat belt on and was now turning the key in the ignition, the jeep roared to life and we were off. I let out a deep breath, realizing I was holding it in. Zachary glanced at me from the corner of his eye, and smirked. I ignored him and looked out the passenger window and watched houses pass by. First, they were passing by slowly, but after a couple seconds, they became a blur. I looked over to the speed-o-meter and found we were driving almost 70 mph.

"Zachary what the hell do you think you're doing?!" I yelled, feeling my heart starting to pound loudly against my chest.

"I just want to get out of this neighborhood quickly. Whoever was in that house saw us. I saw him in the window when I was putting my seat belt on. I figured it won't be long until we get stopped by a police." He answered calmly, as if we were just taking a stroll through a park.

I was pretty sure I was about to have my first panic attack. My chest started to feel heavy and my lungs felt like the were going to burst from all the air I was sucking in and ex-haling. Zachary had
never done this before, never. Even if we were driving away from cops, he would never drive this fast. What ever it was that Adeline lost, it must be very important to him to go to this extent in protecting it. As I started to calm down and go back to breathing normally and thinking straight, Zachary started to slow down. Slowly but surly we went back to the right speed; 70, 65, 55, 50, 45...

"Feel better?" Zachary asked stopping at an intersection, I nodded in response and closed my eyes.


~•~

"Hailey..." Something was calling my name and nudging me softly on my shoulder. I groaned in response, wanting to keep my eyes closed a little longer. I was so tired. What had I been dreaming? I don't remember.

"Hailey, wake up. We're at you're house now." My house? I sat up rubbing my eyes and yawning. I remembered where I was after a few more moments and sighed.

Looking to my left I saw a sleepy Zachary starting to get out of the jeep. I copied and slowly undid my seat belt and opened the car door, hearing a small click from the door in the process. I stretched my arms up in the air, hearing the joints in my arms pop and breathed in deeply, letting the night air feel my lungs once again. Zachary was now by my side keeping a slow pace with me up to my house. It was nice and quiet, no need for conversation. We reached my porch and I stopped before going up the steps. Zachary did the same and waited for me to do something, or say something.

"Um, I'm glad I got to see your house. Hopefully I'll remember it." I said kind of awkwardly.

"You'll remember it, I'm sure of it. I think you just need time, and I'm willing to wait. But also, I just can't help the fact that it's a little nerve racking that you can't remember anything. Not even me." The last part hit a nerve, I knew I was hurting him.

"Don't worry, I'll do everything I can to remember. You're not the only one effected by this, it sucks because I can't remember anything at all. Do you now how hard that is?" I was beginning to feel miserable thinking how I can't remember my favorite food, my favorite color, nothing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." Zachary said in a rush. I smiled and kissed him quickly to let him know he was forgiven. He smirked, reminding me a lot of his brother...

"I'll see you tomorrow then." I said walking up the porch steps and digging in my pants pocket for my house key. I grasped it and pulled it out of my pocket and opened the door.

Zachary waited until I was in the door before driving away. I closed it quietly, making sure the sound of the door wouldn't disturb Elizabeth. The house was dark, but the moonlight coming in from the windows helped me find my way around. I walked up the stairs and started down the hall to my room when a strong stench of alcohol stung my nose. I stopped in my tracks and made my way to the bathroom. I felt like puking from the smell, it was so strong. Instead I pinched my nose, closed with my fingers, holding it, only able to breath through my mouth. The bathroom door was ajar, but no light was on in it.

"Elizabeth?" I called standing about three feet away from the bathroom. Nothing, no noise or hint of someone present. Still, my curiosity got the better of me and I advanced. I turned on the bathroom light to find a passed out Elizabeth on the bathroom floor, with a bottle of vodka next to her, drained to the core.

Forgetting the smell of the alcohol and everything else I ran to her and started to carry her out. She must of been out for a while, for, she was becoming conscious. I sat her up against the wall in the hallway. I watched her, waiting for her to come alive again. It seemed like hours, but was merely minutes when Elizabeth started to groan and start moving.

"You're okay." I breath a sigh of relief. She looked at me, not with softness, or compassion like she usually did, but her eyes were full of hate and rage. I stiffened, now afraid of what I was looking at.

"Bitch." Simple, and to the point. She passed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you think? comment please.
i'd apperciate it. :]