Sound Effects and Overdramatics

A Day With Friends

"When are you going to go back to school Hailey?" Samantha asked me while we were sitting in the food court at the mall.

I took a sip of my strawberry-banana smoothie first before answering her. "I think next week." Samantha and Emma nodded seeming to be satisfied by my answer.

"You know there is only a couple more months left of school." Emma said, starting a conversation.

"Yeah and also, I don't think you and Zachary are 'competing' for valedictorian anymore. You know, since you haven't been to school for a while." Samantha chimed in. I expected not to be at the top of the class, I didn't think I was that smart, so it didn't bother me. The two of them started talking about graduation and about how excited they were about all the parties we were going to be able to go to. They stopped talking after awhile, realizing that I was just sitting there not talking or trying to take part in the conversation.

"You okay?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, I'm just day dreaming I guess." I answered with a reassuring smile. They went back to talking, still glancing to me every now and then, making sure I wasn't filling left out, then they would go back to talking.

"Let's go look for everyone else." Samantha said, getting up and throwing her finished smoothie cup in the trash. Emma and I copied her and were off to look for them.

~•~

"See you guys later!" I said to my friends while getting out of the car and running to the porch because it was raining.

"Bye."

"Later."

"See you at school."

Walking up the steps to my house was the scariest thing. I didn't want to have to face Elizabeth, obviously I had to. I had no where else to stay. I walked in the house making sure I was quiet so she wouldn't know I was home. Everything was quiet though, so I relaxed a little, still not giving up my guard. I hung up my still wet coat from the pouring ran outside and took off my shoes.

It wasn't until I got up to my room that I noticed that she wasn't even home. Idiot, I mentally said to myself. Why was I so scared? Elizabeth wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Would she?

I didn't want to think about it anymore, so I concentrated on getting ready for bed. The clock showed 10:30 pm. Was I really out that long? I yawned, suddenly feeling very tired and put my pajamas on. I crawled under my blanket, feeling comfort and closed my eyes.

My eyes shot open when I remembered what tomorrow was. Saturday. I had a date with Zachary. I smiled to myself, thinking about Zachary made me feel safe. He cared about me, he wouldn't let anything bad happen to me. This new thought helped fall asleep better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short and has no point.
I have writers block yet again so if you have any ideas, please let me know.
Also I've been sick for a while which is why it took me a while to update.
Well that's all for now.
Thank you for reading! :]