Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Fun Times

The sun shined brightly through my window curtains for the first time in days. It was usually always just cloudy. I think that's what I like the most about Seattle, the sun isn't there all the time to torture you with it's harsh rays. My curtains flowed with the wind that was coming through my window, I forgot I had opened it yesterday when I woke up and didn't close it back. I didn't mind though, the nice morning breeze helped me wake up a little bit more. When I sat up, my legs were stiff so I had to stretch them out and massage them a little. That was definitely strange, I'm pretty sure that never happened before. But after a few seconds, my concern about my legs was gone and I was off to shower.

~•~

After showering, I felt refreshed and was ready for the day. I decided I was hungry, I hadn't eaten anything really. The last thing that was in my stomach was my strawberry-smoothie I had the day before at the mall. So I went down the kitchen and made myself a bowl of oatmeal (the kind you heat up in the microwave), and a glass of orange juice (with ice). It was nice to have some food in me and I felt energized after wards and decided to go for a walk. Cleaning the dishes I just used and putting my worn out vans, I was out the door.

I had forgotten to check what the time was, but it didn't matter to me much so I left it alone; I walked down the street of where my house was. People with gardens were already up and pouring water on them. I didn't see why they did, it rained a lot here. Teenagers were mowing their grassy lawns, and a couple people were jogging along the sidewalks. I knew I didn't want to go into the main part of Seattle, that would be torture. Too many people, too busy for me. I figured my school was close by so I went on a little adventure to find it. I would have to know where to go the following Monday anyway.

I began to follow a couple boys on their skateboards. They must be going some place where there is a lot of pavement. Sure enough, they led me to the high school. It looked like your typical school; gated all around, steps to go to the main doors, benches, grass, trees, basketball court, and a big main plaza. The two boys I followed where skating around the main plaza. One did an ollie and started to manual atop of one of the benches. His hair was very short, and very black, but still seemed to manage to cover most of his face. He was wearing one of those "skate or die" sweaters and a pair of ripped blue jeans. Of course how could I forget his Lakai skating shoes? The other boy that was standing there documenting his friends tricks saw me staring at them and started making his way toward me. Panic took over and I started to run away.

"Hey!" I heard him kick off of his skateboard and started after me. I ran some more not really sure where I was going or why I was even running.

I looked back to see if he was still following me, sure enough he was. But stupid on my part, I hit one of the benches and fell over. My leg had hit the corner of the bench and was throbbing from the pain now. I was still on the ground holding my leg when The boy on the skate board caught up to me and stopped and ran to my side.

"Here let me help you up." He started to lift me up by grabbing the sides of my waist.

"No, I can get up myself." I said pushing him aside and getting up. My leg still hurt and I had to sit down. I leaned back on the bench and closed my eyes, hoping the pain would go away soon.

"You're stupid, what where you thinking?" The boy asked after a moment, I twitched forgetting he was there.

"I really have no idea." I said honestly.

"Yeah whatever. So are you okay?" He asked now sitting down next to me.

"Dude what are you doing? You didn't get my 50x50 on the bench! Didn't you record it!?" The other boy came yelling toward us. I thought he was going to smack the boy next to me with his skateboard, but he didn't.

"Sorry, Hailey just freaked out." I looked up at him when he said my name.

"How do you know my name?" I asked in shock.

"Oh right, I forgot. Which is pretty ironic I think, by the fact that you forgot everything" Him and the other boy laughed at this. They stopped when they saw me glaring at them, apparently I had some sort of power over them.

"Yeah Hailey. We aren't really close friends, but we are friends. I'm Eric and that's David." He pointed to the boy who had yelled at him earlier. I nodded at him and turned back to the boy whose name was Eric.

"How do I know you?" I asked.

"Well, through Zachary. We use to hang out a lot last year, you, me, David, and Zachary. But..." He stopped and looked up at David who just stood there giving no expression.

"Let's just say Zachary and I aren't friends anymore so you don't really talk to us as much." Eric said while fidgeting with his sleeve.

"I see." I said after a few awkward seconds past by. "Well I guess I'll see you guys on Monday then. Later." I said in a rush and got up from the bench and started walking away.

The sound of skateboards strolling on the ground started coming my way so I stopped and turned around. They stopped and looked at me, then at each other.

"Do you want to hang out?" David asked before Eric could. They seemed to be giving me a pleading look for acceptances; which, they didn't really need to. I pretended to think about it for a while then smiled and nodded my head. They smiled back in triumph and we walked back to the school plaza.

"Alright, do you think you can record us?" Eric asked holding the video camera out in the air. I grabbed it and nodded. "Cool." And they were off.

~•~

"We have to hang out again. Okay?" Eric said after hugging me.

"Yeah we should. It was fun, well until I fell off the board." They laughed at my comment.

"Hey, no one said it was easy to skateboard." David said trying to cheer me up from my embarrassing fall a few minutes ago.

"Yeah I know. Hey do you guys know what time it is?" David pulled out his cell phone and showed me. 4:34 PM.

"No way! How long have we been here?" I asked, shocked at my discovery.

Eric shrugged, "I don't know, 11?"

My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of their sockets, "since 11?"

"Yeah, why are you so shocked?" Eric asked.

"Didn't think you'd have just a blast with us?" David chimed in using a cocky tone. They both grinned.

I shook my head and chuckled, "no, I guess I didn't expect time to fly so fast."

"Well it did." Eric said getting up from sitting on his skateboard and started skating in circles.

"I guess it did. Well I think I have to go now." I said getting up from the bench and started to walk away. I didn't bother to wait for them to catch up, they were on wheels so they caught up with me.

"What you're not going to say goodbye?" David asked.

"Didn't you guys say you lived on my block?" I asked, as if it was obvious I wanted them to walk with me home.

"Oh yeah, sorry, forgot." I rolled my eyes at David who laughed at my response. They strolled on their skateboards on both of my sides and we walked home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
Thanks for reading!