Sound Effects and Overdramatics

The Beginning of A Beautiful Date

Spending most of the day with David and Eric, helped me ease my nervousness of tonight. I don't know why I was so nervous, I've spend most of my time with Zachary since I "resurrected" as David likes to put it. The two of them told me to be myself. At first when they said that, I thought it sounded easy enough, right? Wrong. How was I suppose to be "myself" when I didn't know who I was? Sure I knew my name. I didn't know anything else about me though. So being myself, was utterly impossible for me to do at the moment.

I paced around my room, trying to decide what I should wear; going to my closet every few moments to look around to see what kind of clothes I had. Finally, I decided on plain black skinny jeans and a plaid button up shirt. I looked in the mirror and laughed. I was sure Zachary would be expecting me to wear something nice. I shrugged, deciding not to really care of what he thought. Just as I finished putting on my converse the door bell rang. Assuming it was Zachary I got up from my bed, grabbed my yellow hoodie out of the closet and walked out my room.

The familiar figure stood in front of me with a smile on his face. I smiled back and walked out of the house, closing the door behind me. I made note that he wasn't wearing any fancy clothing like I thought he would, I breathed a sigh of relief and kept smiling at him.

"Ready?" He asked taking a step back off the porch. I nodded and he motioned me to follow him to his jeep. We walked down to his jeep that was parked in front of my house. Zachary opened my door and waited for me to get in and buckle up before he went to his side.

"So, where are we going?" I asked after a few moments of silence.

"You'll see, just wait." Zachary said with a hint of a smile at the corner of his lips. I glared at him for a moment then turned to look out the passenger window.

It was a nice night to be out, for the fact that it wasn't raining or sprinkling for that matter. It was only a little bit cloudy as well. I could see groups of teenagers about my age hanging out downtown, some store keepers closing up some of their shops, and the park at which we had just drove to.

"The park?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Isn't that a little, cliche?"

Zachary laughed and shrugged. "It's the only place I can afford, alright?" With that he got out of his jeep and rushed to my side to open my door for me.

We walked hand in hand across the park to an area that seemed to be lit by a little light. As we got closer I noticed it was a little flash light that was the source of the light. A blanket was laid out beside the flash light and a picnic basket sat on top of the blanket. I couldn't help but smile at the sight I was looking at. Zachary seemed to be pleased with the reaction that I had and motioned me to sit down.

"When did you do this?" I asked, astonished by it all still.

"Just before I went to pick you up." He explained while opening the picnic basket. Then looking up at me to smile and going back to taking out the food.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am truly sorry for not updating for a looong time!
Like I said before I've got some writers block. But I'm getting over it.
Well thanks for reading, and I'd apperciate some comments/crit.
:]