Sound Effects and Overdramatics

What's My Name Again?

I didn't speak or reply to his answer for a few mintues. I started at him in amazment. I just couldn't believe what he said was true. He was to beatuiful to be my boyfriend. The heart monitor was beeping loudly or it seemed like it was on high volume. Only because it had been quite for so long.

"You're my, what?" I finally asked, obviously surprised by his answer.

"I'm your boyfriend, I've been your boyfriend for the past year." He responded a bit angrily.

"Well sorry." I snapped back at him. We sat in the quiet for a few minutes again. I stared at the balloons and flowers again.

"No, don't be sorry." I turned toward him to see he had his head in his hands, "I still can't believe this happened. I'm sorry I shouldn't have gotten angry with you." He looked back up at me with those beautiful liquid blue eyes.

I looked down, suddenly embarrassed that this guy could be staring at me, which made the blood rush to my cheeks. I pulled the blanket tighter around me again. It hurt but I didn't care at that moment.

"Can I ask you something?" He looked at me and smiled. My stomach fluttered, I had a feeling my stomach always did this from his smile. At least I imagined it did. "Anything." He responded.

"Did, I mean my brother. Was his name Jake?" I asked. He looked at me with shocked eyes.

"Yes. You remember?" He moved his chair closer to me and stared into my eyes, almost as if to be searching something.

"I guess so. I just had a dream before I woke up. I was driving and this, sweet innocent boy was in the back of the car, just talking to me. I don't remember what else happened. But after that, all I could hear were screams and then everything became black. I screamed his name when I woke up, right?"

"Yes, yes you did. I didn't think anything of it though. You remember something." He sighed, in relief? Yes it must be in relief.

The doctor came walking in breaking our conversation. "Sorry, but your mother would like to see you."

I looked over at, at..what was his name? He began to get up from his chair, but before he was fully up I placed my hand on his. He looked back at me, smiling again.

"Wait, I know this may sound stupid, but," I paused for a moment before continuing, "what was your name?"

He sat back down and placed his other hand on mine and sighed. "Zachary, Zachary Gates."

"Nice to meet you Zachary Gates. I'm Hailey, Hailey..." I was almost to tears.

He let go of my hand and lifted my chin so we were looking at each other in the eyes, "You're Hailey Faith Lexington."
♠ ♠ ♠
it's a short update I know.
the next update will be longer.