Sound Effects and Overdramatics

Intrusion

I woke up from the sound of someone seeming to be typing on a computer. I opened my eyes to see that Zachary was already here, in my room, typing away on the old gray computer that was faced toward the wall in front of my bed.

I made sure I wasn't wearing any embarrassing pajamas before crawling out of my bed and walking over to him. He glanced up at me and smiled before continuing what he was doing. I stood there watching him type for a while before walking over to my drawer and pulling out a pair of blue jeans and walking over to my closet and yanking down a plain black shirt and walking to the bathroom.

After changing into some day time clothes I walked back into my room with my dirty pajamas and through them into the laundry basket that was by the door. Zachary was still sitting there at the computer typing.

"What are you doing?" I finally asked him, while sitting on the floor leaning against my bed.

"A paper that's due tomorrow. I forgot to do it." He replied.

"Why can't you do that at home?" I asked.

"Because I don't have a computer. I always use yours."

"Oh." I said feeling embarrassed.

"No it's okay, you don't remember. Well I'm almost finished now." He said sounded cheerful.

"Wait, how did you get in my house?"

"I knocked on your door and asked your mom if I could type out my paper." Zachary replied while the paper was printing.

I was still confused but didn't bother to ask anymore questions. I was still tired and shocked that he was sitting in my room, at eight in the morning, on a Sunday, acting as if it was normal.

He turned around to face me, standing up and yawning. He grabbed his paper out of the printer and placed it in his binder he had.

"Well I'm here, what do you want to do today?" He asked me.

I looked up at his curious eyes, they were so perfect. Why couldn't I remember them? I tried so hard to remember him, anything; nothing. I felt like crying, like I had since waking up in the hospital and being told what happened to me.

"Are you alright?" Zachary asked me, I hardly noticed when he sat next to me and put his arm around my shoulder to hold me close.

"Why can't I remember." It wasn't suppose to be a question; Zachary answered anyway.

"The doctor said it would take time. Don't worry, it will be alright."

All I wanted to do at that very moment was crawl into his lap like a small child; which I did. We sat there on my bed like that for a while; him holding me close as I tried to remember anything before the hospital, until Elizabeth walked in the door.

"Hey you're awake." She said to me while eying Zachary, he looked at her, it was almost a glare. I felt uncomfortable so I moved off of his lap. They seemed to talking to each other telepathically almost.

After a couple seconds of no response from me and their stare down was over she got her cheerful expression back in place and told us to go down and get breakfast.

Zachary and I exchanged small glances while walking down to the kitchen and while eating the food. Elizabeth told Zachary that we were going to go walk around the town and that I could see him later. I didn't object, for I didn't want to upset her, I don't think Zachary wanted to either so he gave me a hug, got his binder from my room and left.

When Zachary walked out of the door Elizabeth sighed; out of relief? Or regretting that she offered to show me around the town?

"Ready?" She asked, interrupting my train of thought. I nodded and walked out the door after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for this very late, very over due update!