‹ Prequel: Said Is Dead

The Art-Deco Project

Seven

Black dots invaded my vision as I painted, after being pumped full of medications to help free my body of any remaining alcohol and drugs, my body took the bottle of scotch rougher then usual. I was no where near finished, and I refused to let the alcohol take me before I was done.

I was in a fury of paint. My mind was lost in the pounding music around me, as the bass shook the room my body reacted with strokes on the canvas. I could feel the colors in me as I put them onto the canvas, the browns, the reds, the silvers, all of which were creating a piece with a pop art edge. I flicked my brush at the image before me, the red paint oozing down and smirked as the image swirled in my vision.

I was done, my body couldn't handle it anymore. I slumped down onto an old bean bag chair and admired the piece before me. A large chocolate cake with a butcher knife sticking out of it, the incision the knife made dripped ruby red blood down the canvas. The background was accented with a bright blue and yellow drawing a viewers attention straight to the cake.

I sighed and let the music swirl around me. I sang along with the lyrics, the song was old, a band whose name I had long forgotten but the words remained fresh in my mind and light on my lips.

"Hello Angel, tell me where you are, tell me where we go from here," I couldn't help but giggle and close my eyes as the words surrounded me and world turned black.

This was the life I was dying to live wasn't it?

***


Gerard returned home, his shoulders slumping forward and his mood even lower. He walked into his apartment building and ascended the stairs to the third level when he began to hear music. He sighed in agitation, all he wanted to do was clean and sleep. But the girl had returned, and so had the music.

As Gerard reached his door he stopped and listened, the song was familiar and made him hesitate, he listened hard to the beat and heard a familiar voice-his voice. The song made goosebumps appear on his flesh.

Surely this was a sign. Skylines and Turnstiles playing at the moment he was losing all hope in the world. Gerard couldn't believe it, the first song that ever got My Chem ever made together. Gerard quickly unlocked his door and shuffled into the house. He began to dig through the mess looking desperately for a pen and a piece of paper.

Once he had found an old napkin and a pen he began writing furiously. His mind racing with music and lyrics. He had done it, he had broken through the wall that had been blocking him for so long-no, she broke it. The girl next door with so many familiar problems.

This song connected them, and Gerard owed her a world of thanks. He put the lyrics to the side, this girl was his hero at the moment. He found a piece of drawing paper laying under a book shelf and picked it up. There he began to sketch a new idea.

In a matter of minutes he had a new masked crusader with a twisted secret identity, both hero and villain. It was perfect-it was Silver.